WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

-_-

:o Trainwreck opening ahead of Ted 2 is something surely no one would have called a month ago. Absolutely incredible if that happens; Universal is just indominous

But still no super huge comedy.

There's room for Vacation to hit some big numbers.

Its twitter and Flixster Activity is very low. There's still a few days to do gain traction but I doubt it will do more than We're the Millers. It'll be more on the level of Let's Be Cops and Tammy.

:o Trainwreck opening ahead of Ted 2 is something surely no one would have called a month ago. Absolutely incredible if that happens; Universal is just unstoppable.

I disagree, while there wasn't a club there have been people sour on McFarlane & positive on Schumer. Quite a few probably fall in both camps even before the releases. This is a Judd Apatow movie, most have over performed.

Edited by GiantCALBears

Seems doubtful. Its a CBM. They're always OD frontloaded. Maybe with 25m if it slightly increases its Friday audience minus previews for Sat.

Yeah, don't see 60m with 24m :

6.4 + 17.6 + 19.36(+10%) + 16.45(-15%) = 59.81m

Have been generous with Sat and Sun here.

Will need 25m+ for 60m+.

My theater has more showing for Trainwreck than Ant Man eventhough Ant Man is the shorter, broader, and obviously busier and more fan driven film.

I really dont know what to think. What is going through managements head?

For some reason my theater doesn't have any showings for Ant-Man between 4 and 7. That messed me up since I got my hair cut after work and was planning on seeing Ant-Man directly after but now I have to wait a few hours. There are usually showings for Marvel movies around the clock.

Its twitter and Flixster Activity is very low. There's still a few days to do gain traction but I doubt it will do more than We're the Millers. It'll be more on the level of Let's Be Cops and Tammy.

What's the one comedy that people have been talking about all summer long? Which comedy has been getting all the attention?

Anybody answering anything other than Ghostbusters to those questions has no clue what they're talking about. Ghostbusters is going to be huge. Certainly not Jurassic World 600M huge, but I can see maybe even 300M, if it's really good. But even if it's "just okay" or "so-so", it could still hit 200M.

• Like 1