WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Interesting post on imdb (yes, sometimes you still get them) about how Marvel conducts business.

They're very much the epitome of the management-driven old school production system. As Favreau quipped when promoting Iron Man 2, they give you absolute freedom to do what they want. 

Is anyone going to be super surprised of the Russos drop out of the Infinity Wars?

It was a beautiful day here yesterday (British Colombia so I'm assuming it was nice down to Seattle as well).

It's nice enough, yeah. Hot enough for heat warnings. Upper 80s, low 90s.

Yeah, just looked at our numbers and we should have no problem topping Thursday night + Friday's numbers.

Thursday - 194

Friday - 1092

Total - 1286

Saturday - 996(4 shows left)

Hoping Trainwreck is doing well and holds well Today.

There were baseball games in the evening in Oakland, Anaheim, San Diego and Phoenix (with San Francisco visiting). The SF/AZ game was in extra innings when I got back from the theater around 10 or so. Think that could have depressed WC evenings?

No one cares about baseball.

Marvel made a mistake by only catering to the 10 - 14 year old demo, even Harry Potter films aged with their audience and got darker in tone, but when Marvel sold out to disney, they shot themselves, Disney films have to be rooted in family friendly tone

I think you have to get rid of Kevin Feige, they need someone that needs to go toe with Disney and speak Truth to power, Kevin Feige is Disney's yes man

Edited by Gokira2012
  • Like 1

I enjoyed it for one viewing but won't see it again in theaters. This is going to be the first MCU film to not get repeat business from me since Thor 2. That's another one I just saw opening night, and literally have not watched since.

This was probably better than Thor 2, though.

Hey, remember when the MCU's viability was in a bit of question based on disappointment about the quality of IM3 and TDW? Remember when people were asking where the "Avengers bump" went when IM3 barely got over $400m and Thor 2 had to struggle past $200m? Not trying to set up a false equivalency, just remembering that 2013 felt a little underwhelming at the time. (Anybody else remember predicts of $450m+ for IM3, and $250m+ for Thor 2?)

Edited by TServo2049

Marvel made a mistake by only catering to the 10 - 14 year old demo, even Harry Potter films aged with their audience and got darker in tone, but when Marvel sold out to disney, they shot themselves, Disney films have to be rooted in family friendly tone

I don't think you can say they "shot themselves" given that their brand is at an all time high and they have the biggest movie franchise in history.

There were baseball games in the evening in Oakland, Anaheim, San Diego and Phoenix (with San Francisco visiting). The SF/AZ game was in extra innings when I got back from the theater around 10 or so. Think that could have depressed WC evenings?

No, none of those teams draw a huge audience outside of their individual cities. It's also the middle of the season, you're just not gonna have much interest outside of the diehard fans.

Please explain what you expect out of comic book movies instead.

And Feige was in charge before Disney. They were already going for four-quadrant PG-13 films before Disney. I can't see any measurable difference in anything.

Edited by TServo2049

Please explain what you expect out of comic book movies instead.

And Feige was in charge before Disney. They were already going for four-quadrant PG-13 films before Disney. I can't see any measurable difference in anything.

Before Disney came along the films were getting darker

No, none of those teams draw a huge audience outside of their individual cities. It's also the middle of the season, you're just not gonna have much interest outside of the diehard fans.

Pretty much.

It's baseball, not football. Regular season games aren't as big of a deal.

• Like 1

Before Disney came along the films were getting darker

I don't agree. Thor and Cap 1 weren't in any way dark. And I know it's not the films, but it's still post-Disney, but Daredevil was basically rated R.