WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

Bootleg copies are shit. I always wait for the clear Blu-ray quality. Most stuff I wanna see I see in theaters, tho. Cinderella is probably the big exception of this year (Mortdecai and Get Hard being another two I wanted to see when they opened here, but on a lower level). One between Inside Out or Ted 2 will join this list. 

I download a lot of shows but when they pass here a few days after America and on cable channels I have I like to see them on TV (Hannibal, The Strain and Wayward Pines are 3 examples). 

Edited by CJohn

Bootleg copies are shit. I always wait for the clear Blu-ray quality. Most stuff I wanna see I see in theaters, tho. Cinderella is probably the big exception of this year (Mortdecai and Get Hard being another two I wanted to see when they opened here, but on a lower level). One between Inside Out or Ted 2 will join this list. 

I download a lot of shows but when they pass here a few days after America and on cable channels I have I like to see them on TV (Hannibal, The Strain and Wayward Pines are 3 examples).

This isn't even a contest, go see IO in theaters.

• Like 2

DC is gonna be like this as well.

Exactly.  I don't know where the notion comes from that a director is given $100m+ dollars to do with whatever he wants, but it's not the way it is.  Hollywood learned its lesson in the most ultimate of fashions with Heaven's Gate and has been leery of freeing the directorial reigns ever since.  Marvel's reigns may be tighter than most, but they are also a relatively fledgling studio that is built on a rather narrow business focus.  I'm sure Marvel will breathe some sigh of relief when the target is removed from their backs and fixed to DC's.  

This isn't even a contest, go see IO in theaters.

I am a grown up 21 years old man. I don't want to be in a theater full of parents with their kids who will look at me in a weird way. 

Edited by CJohn

But everybody does it piratebay, BitTorrent these are some of the most visited sites on the Internet. watching any TV show online not on Netflix or Hulu is also illegal but everybody does it. Shaming people for doing these things is just annoying

Edited by The Sun's Son

But everybody does it piratebay, BitTorrent these are some of the most visited sites on the Internet. watching any TV show online not on Netflix or Hulu is also illegal but everybody does it. Shaming people for doing these things is just annoying

You're the one doing the illegal shit. Suck it up.

Shaming people who steal is annoying? If the justice system was effective then you would be arrested, just as you would if you stole from any shop.

I am a grown up 21 years old man. I don't want to be in a theater full of parents with their kids who will look at me in a weird way.

But if they showed at the playground, no problemo

If studios want to lower piracy rates, they need to release movies on home media faster. Paramount's move to release the next PA on VOD 17 days after it goes below 300 theaters is a great step. There's always going to be cheapskates, but piracy rates would more than likely go down if they came out sooner.

Piracy is just common nowadays. I know absolutely nobody that would pay to watch a movie if a perfectly fine copy has leaked online. Everybody pirates TV shows, more and more people are streaming Sports for free, and kids stream the new episodes of their shows so they watch them before they're shown in the UK.

It can't be stopped at this point. Nobody can see any negatives with doing it.

• Like 1

If studios want to lower piracy rates, they need to release movies on home media faster. smove to release the next PA on VOD 17 days after it goes below 300 theaters is a great step. There's always going to be cheapeskates, but piracy rates would more than likely go down if they came out sooner.

I think they should release it on vod and dvd 30 days before going into theaters

Piracy is just common nowadays. I know absolutely nobody that would pay to watch a movie if a perfectly fine copy has leaked online. Everybody pirates TV shows, more and more people are streaming Sports for free, and kids stream the new episodes of their shows so they watch them before they're shown in the UK.

It can't be stopped at this point. Nobody can see any negatives with doing it.

Portugal's people look at piracy as a God. Movie theaters are dead and everyone watches every show before it passes on TV. Even The Walking Dead which passes here 19 hours after America people prefer to download lol.