WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

I can't remember the last time I fell asleep for a prolonged period of time during a movie. It may have been my second showing of Ratatouille, or it may have been one of the Fathom showings of The Lord of the Rings Extended Editions. Not because I was bored, but because I was just tired.

I hate it when I fall asleep during a movie in a theater, I try my damnedest to make sure it doesn't happen. I do struggle and drift in and out at the occasional midnight revival (which is why I try not to see anything late if I can help it).

As a kid, it happened a lot more. I'd just get tired even if I wasn't bored - I slept through big chunks of two of the three Star Wars re-releases back in 1997, and I felt so bad for doing so. (Yet I was awake through the entirety of Titanic. Go figure.)

Yeah, I fell asleep during Mad Max: Fury Road for my first viewing, and it had nothing to do with the movie.

The night before I was out till 12am at a banquet event I was helping run (so it was mostly a lot of manual work from me) and the day itself was exhausting. I got about 4 hours of sleep to wake up that morning to do something tedious but needed to be done, I forgot. Then, I took my girlfriend to see Pitch Perfect 2 and dropped her back off so I could go and get ready for a formal 4 and half hour donor dinner I was obliged to go too. Afterwards, (idk why) I decided "Hey, I can make the 10:30pm Mad Max showing, I'll go!" Waste of a ticket, as cool as the stuff on the screen was I had to force my eyes to stay open and my mind was in a daze. Even the loud metalesque soundtrack didn't do much to bolt me up.

I'm not trying to start anything but JW is truly the worst movie I've seen this year.

Haven't seen a lot of movies this year, have you? :P

It's funny that the same people who criticised JW for it's weak characters gave Mad Max the high praise in that category when in fact it's the only flaw in that damn movie. Mad Max's actions and world-building kicked all major asses but apart from Nux who happened to be just a supporting character the other characters were either underdeveloped or uninteresting. 

I'll take Clair over Furiosa every day of the week.

• Like 1

The most satisfying part of JW was at the end when me and my friend looked at each other wide-eyed for like the first half minute of credits, and he says, 'well, that was shit.' A godawful film that ended with a great theater memory for me.

Anywho...

Ant-Man 15.2

Minions 14.6

Trainwreck 8.6

IO 3.7

JW 3.6

• Like 5

The most satisfying part of JW was at the end when me and my friend looked at each other wide-eyed for like the first half minute of credits, and he says, 'well, that was shit.' A godawful film that ended with a great theater memory for me.

Anywho...

Ant-Man 15.2

Minions 14.6

Trainwreck 8.6

IO 3.7

JW 3.6

That's exactly my experience with The Imitation Game. :P

• Like 2