WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

lol do people really think a Marvel bubble has burst? Cuz AoU "only" did 450 and a goofy looking Ant-Man movie's going to do 150? Thought y'all were kidding

• Like 8

lol do people really think a Marvel bubble has burst? Cuz AoU "only" did 450 and a goofy looking Ant-Man movie's going to do 150? Thought y'all were kidding

Well we'll really know if audiences are tiring of the Marvel brand when Civil War debuts. I'm not saying that AoU did a terrible gross at all, but critically, financially and WOM-wise all actually went down ever so slightly. And now Ant Man (which c'mon dudes, Guardians... stop using "well it probably looked stupid to the GA" as an excuse) is on shaky ground. 

So the question up in the air is if 2015 is an unfortunate fluke for Marvel, a small bump in the road; or the start of a dwindling franchise slowly losing audiences' attention. Myself, I feel like it's starting to go in the other direction. Slowly, but surely. 

But we'll see.

"Marvel's run is over!"

"Disney should have reigned them in!"

"They should have thought this all out!"

I'm no great Marvel fan but what the hell are you people on about? Jesus Lord, the hyperbole is unreal. Granted, I expect no less.

• Like 9

So I take it all Focus does on this board is wait for JW weekend numbers to post some trash talk about it.

Still thank you for "Crumbling", it's a great legacy even if it was started by a troll.

Also, Happy to see more people are finally noticing that Novathron/Exterminus/DynamiX makes no sense 99% of the time. His posts constantly contradict themselves.

• Like 3

So I take it all Focus does on this board is wait for JW weekend numbers to post some trash talk about it.

Still thank you for "Crumbling", it's a great legacy even if it was started by a troll.

Also, Happy to see more people are finally noticing that Novathron/Exterminus/DynamiX makes no sense 99% of the time. His posts constantly contradict themselves.

ql

We've known he makes no sense since he October

• Like 1

"Marvel's run is over!"

I'm no great Marvel fan but what the hell are you people on about? Jesus Lord, the hyperbole is unreal. Granted, I expect no less.

Just wait till they have their next critically acclaimed breakout hit and everyone will be back on the "Marvel cant miss" brigade..lol

Edited by sdeezy

"Marvel's run is over!"

Apparently audiences are sick of being forced to watch the Marvel TV shows. You know, the Marvel TV shows that they completely ignore, and in no way feel compelled or forced to watch

• Like 4

Apparently audiences are sick of being forced to watch the Marvel TV shows. You know, the Marvel TV shows that they completely ignore, and in no way feel compelled or forced to watch

I watched Daredevil and Agent Carter and in no way are those shows required viewing for the movies. Not even close.

• Like 2

Oh...lol Will a 400 M worldwide gross suffice?

Lol. People need to stop spreading too much wrong info. I could careless about the movie now, but truth is that the budget has been reported to be 122 million by multiple sources. However, not sure if that is including or excluding tax credits. Most likely AFTER tax credits.

Well wtf they expect? Why the hell would they cast Paul Rudd as a goddamn super hero?

I hate comments like this.

Paul Rudd is as charismatic and charming an actor as you get, just like RDJ.

Did you forget that RDJ's career was basically in the toilet when he was cast in Iron Man?

Did anyone even know who Chris Hemsworth was when Thor was made?

Did audiences truly care enough about Chris Pine when Captain America was greenlit?

This whole "they shouldn't have cast so-and-so; that's why it flopped" is such BS. Now, had Ant-Man opened to 97 million, everyone would say, "wow...Marvel was so smart to cast Rudd in the lead." Hindsight is twenty twenty...

• Like 3

This is what happens when people never put franchise performances into historical perspective.

Each current franchise is ALWAYS going to stay on top, you see, and the diminishing returns of every single franchise in the history of cinema don't apply

Can't wait for Star Wars and Batman v Superman to be enormous, cuz you know their sequels definitely won't decrease. Right? Right?

• Like 4

Nobody forces anybody to watch Marvel TV shows.

The connection between Marvel TV shows and MCU is really small.

"Marvel's run is over!"

Well I never said that. On a forum that's almost entirely based on predication, we can't ourselves postulate? Obviously Marvel and Disney still are successful, but I'm just looking down the road. 

Like I said, Civil War will tell a lot.