grim22

Weekend Actuals 7/17-7/19 | Ant-Man 57.23M DEMOLISHING , Minions 49.27M TOXIC WOM, TW 30.1M,IO 11.54M, JW 11.45M CRUMBLING

People give credit to the TDK for being a great film when in fact its a very average film with a singular amazing performance. 

Can you tell me where Heath Ledger is in the last 5-10 minutes of that film? It's a legitimately good movie period. And in case you didn't notice, the Joker character is written very well in the script. I've got plenty of complaints about the movie myself or I wouldn't rate it below Batman Begins, but it is not an average movie.

I too am excited about the Evil Dead tv series launching soon.

Cautiously optimistic. I'm concerned they're going to pander to the cult fanbase that they probably never even considered back in the day.

Edited by ddddeeee

Can you tell me where Heath Ledger is in the last 5-10 minutes of that film? It's a legitimately good movie period. And in case you didn't notice, the Joker character is written very well in the script. I've got plenty of complaints about the movie myself or I wouldn't rate it below Batman Begins, but it is not an average movie.

I think in the last act people are still on a high from Ledger's performance and thus it permeates until the end. 

TDKR was shite.

You'd have to be a DC fan or a Nolanite to like it.

I'm not a DC fan or a Nolanite. All 3 TDK movies were exceptional for the superhero genre, or any genre for that matter. He really brought batman to life. It was something special that will never be seen again, especially when the new Batman is thrown into the mix with unrealistic superheroes such as Superman and Wonderwoman.
  • Like 2

I think in the last act people are still on a high from Ledger's performance and thus it permeates until the end. 

How about no? The worst part of the film is the ferry boats stuff and Ledger's character is square in the middle of that sequence.

The ending of TDK is great because it features strong acting by 3 protagonists in the story, a tragic ending to the story itself, really good music, and amazing sacrifice by Batman at the very end. Ledger didn't have anything to do with that sequence turning out as well as it did.

• Like 4

How about no? The worst part of the film is the ferry boats stuff and Ledger's character is square in the middle of that sequence.

The ending of TDK is great because it features strong acting by 3 protagonists in the story, a tragic ending to the story itself, really good music, and amazing sacrifice by Batman at the very end. Ledger didn't have anything to do with that sequence turning out as well as it did.

Eckhart? He's cringeworthy. 

Eckhart? He's cringeworthy. 

And yet there was someone in one of these threads the other day that said he was the best actor in the film. I don't agree with them, but there are plenty of people out there who feel that way. I thought he was damn good. So was Oldman. I'm not a fan of Bale's performance for 95% of the runtime, but he was great at the very end of the film.

• Like 1

I mean, as much as I love what Raimi did with Spider-Man, that's not even his own best trilogy.

going full Ethan here, but I think Army of Darkness is the best one in the trilogy.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

And yet there was someone in one of these threads the other day that said he was the best actor in the film. I don't agree with them, but there are plenty of people out there who feel that way. I thought he was damn good. So was Oldman. I'm not a fan of Bale's performance for 95% of the runtime, but he was great at the very end of the film.

Oldman is great in everything.

• Like 2

I have been fighting since day one to get into that group :(

Are you trying to say MIB was better than TDK trilogy?!  :angry:

tumblr_m8h6geszmb1qeiocm.gif

CJohn is trying very hard to get Mr.Pink accept him as a Nolanite :lol:

Then why has CJohn only seen TDKR twice?

• Like 2

I didn't realize so many people loved MIB.

z6csLkK.gif

I'd put the Bourne trilogy well ahead of TDK trilogy. 

z6csLkK.gif

In almost every film Nolan tries to get cute and falls flat on his face. There's a lot of flaws in that man and in his writer brother.

z6csLkK.gif

People give credit to the TDK for being a great film when in fact its a very average film with a singular amazing performance. 

z6csLkK.gif

• Like 12