Gopher

Tuesday #s | Minions 8M, Ant-Man 7.8M, TW 4.2M, JW 1.7M Down goes Avengers! JW #3 WW!

PDC1987, in the end, it doesn't even really matter if Inside Out finishes on top of Minions. It is absolutely cleaning up overseas and is a huge hit internationally. I am just wrapped up in the story of a movie about a little girls emotions, no franchise and a difficult sell, going toe to toe with this marketing behemoth due only to its stellar quality and awesome word of mouth. I'm a sucker for an underdog story and no one, especially me thought Inside Out would challenge Minions. Great story.

A heavily marketed $175 million brand name Disney Pixar underdog.

Bless.

• Like 3

Enough of the Minions hate.

Making Pixar and Inside Out look bad with the vitriol posted by self-praising posters claiming that those who watch Minions must be lowest common denominator audiences compared to themselves. Ironic much?

• Like 2

Ah i figured out why avatar's wednesdays were good (little drop) it's because it has nver managed to up on tuesday i mean discount tuesday

did not exist in 2009 2010?

IMAX hurts the Tuesday increase and helps the Wednesday drop. This is because IMAX prices are not discounted.

Edited by redfirebird2008

Ah i figured out why avatar's wednesdays were good (little drop) it's because it has nver managed to up on tuesday i mean discount tuesday

did not exist in 2009 2010?

This summer has been especially good with regards to Tuesday increases for some reason. Even the mega openers stayed flat or increased on their first tuesday. Cheap Tuesdays have also expanded greatly, a lot of theaters in SoCal now offer cheap Tuesdays including Edwards, these weren't offering them just 12-18 months ago.

IMAX hurts the Tuesday increase and helps the Wednesday drop. This is because IMAX prices are not discounted.

There's a digital IMAX near me that has $5 tuesdays for all shows including 3D.  Cinemark doesn't offer the $5 tuesday for their large screens around here though.

so i saw a movie tonight that gave my feels FEELS   SOUTHPAW

i was tearing up the entire movie , you  know sometimes a movie pulls at your heartstrings you know it the movie knows it but when done well you go with the flow , his story was just so heartbreaking...i don't like boxing but it does lend itself well to drama

well all i can say if jake gyllenhall isnt up for best actor i don't know what is up with the academy ! i'd even say he should win but the year is young ,like my dear leo can't blame him for trying , this has got to be his best effort to date , rachel mc adams for best supporting actress and the little gir playing his daughter too , forest whitaker for best supporting actor !

antoine fuqua for best director , james horner for best  score , best song for eminem & gwen stefani , 

def going to rewatch this again just wow !

Wow, never seen that before. Surprised IMAX is okay with that.

Digital IMAX screens seem to do that. Noticed a few around the area do that as well. The Spectrum IMAX also cuts its price by roughly 5$ on Tuesday, and that is one of the biggest IMAX screens in the country. Admittedly watching a movie for 12$ in IMAX is a better deal than 17$.

Digital IMAX screens seem to do that. Noticed a few around the area do that as well. The Spectrum IMAX also cuts its price by roughly 5$ on Tuesday, and that is one of the biggest IMAX screens in the country. Admittedly watching a movie for 12$ in IMAX is a better deal than 17$.

No discounts in any of the Texas towns I've lived, but our general cost of living is a lot lower than California...

is mojo really behind or is inside out flopping os? :/

It is having a slow international rollout, but in markets which it has released in so far, it is behind Minions, and has not done that great in some big markets like Brazil and Mexico.