Gopher

Tuesday #s | Minions 8M, Ant-Man 7.8M, TW 4.2M, JW 1.7M Down goes Avengers! JW #3 WW!

Minions is cratering like a motherfucker.

Still down -53% from last week. But that'll change by Thurs I'm sure.

Could definitely see Ant-Man repeating at #1 this weekend, even if it's down 30-something percent tomorrow.

• Like 1

Could definitely see Ant-Man repeating at #1 this weekend, even if it's down 30-something percent tomorrow.

Gopher, how much do you predict for Antman and Minions next weekend and how much drop for both by Thursday?

Yeah. Last week it was +30.1% on Tue and -31.7% on Wed.

So with a +35% today, it needs to fall less than 36.86% to have a better Wed-to-Wed drop.

Being a 2nd Wed it shouldn't fall that hard.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it's Thursday is as crappy as last week. Pixels will have an effect. Don't know how early it's midnights start.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Numbers aren't really that surprising. Went to see Ant-Man for the second time with some friends at a 7:20 showing and along with Jurassic World it was probably the most packed I've seen that theatre on a Tuesday night.

With those numbers Ant-Man could be north of 80 million for just 7 days! Trainwreck could be at 45 or more by Thursday. This is looking to be an exciting projection until the actuals come in.

Antman is doing...rather predictably.

It's not that exciting.

Trainwreck is doing above perhaps initial expectations so you got me there.

I've gone through the calculations for JW. I'm thinking it will pass Avengers on Sunday ($623.5M on day 45), hit $626M the following Thursday (day 49), and it should be passed by Avatar on the following Monday (day 53). So ultimately, not that anybody cares, Jurassic World will probably record the highest 2-day, 3-day, etc. all the way up to 52-day grosses. 53 and up all belong to Avatar, and 1-day obviously belongs to Deathly Hallows 2.

Also, for the past week or so, I keep projecting that JW will end up with $660M based on how much TA earned following the same respective day, but it's not likely it will get there since summer weekdays will fall out of play sooner. I'm thinking a $650M finish unless Universal wants to give it a mini re-release just to beat Titanic.

Also, JW still has yet to be released in Japan, so it should reach $950M OS. $650M + $950M = Final WW gross of $1.6B.

Does this all sound about right?

• Like 9

I've gone through the calculations for JW. I'm thinking it will pass Avengers on Sunday ($623.5M on day 45), hit $626M the following Thursday (day 49), and it should be passed by Avatar on the following Monday (day 53). So ultimately, not that anybody cares, Jurassic World will probably record the highest 2-day, 3-day, etc. all the way up to 52-day grosses. 53 and up all belong to Avatar, and 1-day obviously belongs to Deathly Hallows 2.

Also, for the past week or so, I keep projecting that JW will end up with $660M based on how much TA earned following the same respective day, but it's not likely it will get there since summer weekdays will fall out of play sooner. I'm thinking a $650M finish unless Universal wants to give it a mini re-release just to beat Titanic.

Also, JW still has yet to be released in Japan, so it should reach $950M OS. $650M + $950M = Final WW gross of $1.6B.

Does this all sound about right?

Similar view, I have something like 640M DOM and 960M OS, 1.6B WW locked (slightly over i'd say : 1.610/1.620B WW)

the real wild card is Japan.

and nice DOM Tuesday jump by the way. TA1 toast by next sunday.

No OS update figure yet? must be 3th WW by now.

Edited by TacoBell