Gopher

Tuesday #s | Minions 8M, Ant-Man 7.8M, TW 4.2M, JW 1.7M Down goes Avengers! JW #3 WW!

That's a much better number for Minions. 750,000 below Inside Out 2nd Tuesday but tracking above DM2. I still think this movie can reach 350 million with holds like that.

Strong Tuesday jump for Minions. Have to see how it does the rest of the week, then we'll have a good sense of how leggy it can be. Tuesday's have been much stronger this summer than previous summers.

Minions behind IO, game over really.

What game?

The game where it's $29 million ahead after 12 days after being $25 million ahead on OW?

The game where it's gonna make several hundred million more globally on less than half the production cost?

Universal must be so embarrassed.

What game?

The game where it's $29 million ahead after 12 days after being $25 million ahead on OW?.

He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you finally realize Inside Out will make more than Minions!

• Like 3

I saw gallows today. As I was in line paying for the movie I saw hordes of people coming out of Jurassic Park all asking for their money back. It is definitely going to drop in worldwide gross this weekend it will be back under the Avengers.

• Like 2

PDC1987, while,your numbers are accurate, your not looking at the whole story and simply picking and choosing what numbers make your favorite look better.

The whole story behind the numbers is that yes, Minions was up 25 million after opening weekend and yes, now it's up over 28 million.

However, what you left out is that it was up almost 35 million as of last thursday and has lost almost 6 million in the last 5 days. It's averaging loosing over a million a day to Inside Out now. Does that guarantee that Inside Out finishes over Minions? I have no idea, but unless it's daily averages start tracking closer to Inside Out, I would have to think that would be difficult to overcome over the next 2 1/2 months.

PDC1987, in the end, it doesn't even really matter if Inside Out finishes on top of Minions. It is absolutely cleaning up overseas and is a huge hit internationally. I am just wrapped up in the story of a movie about a little girls emotions, no franchise and a difficult sell, going toe to toe with this marketing behemoth due only to its stellar quality and awesome word of mouth. I'm a sucker for an underdog story and no one, especially me thought Inside Out would challenge Minions. Great story.

I saw gallows today. As I was in line paying for the movie I saw hordes of people coming out of Jurassic Park all asking for their money back. It is definitely going to drop in worldwide gross this weekend it will be back under the Avengers.

You are joking right? I can't tell

This whole Minions V Inside Out thing is kind of boring now.  Both are making gobs of money.  IO will probably win the battle and Minions will win the world war.  Both are incredibly successful.

As for this article where Uni spent 600 million on marketing, I'm obviously not discounting the article or the source, but why would Uni do that?  Why would they spend that much on marketing?  Are they really expecting to make back that much more through merchandising?  Seems kind of silly to me.

• Like 2

You are joking right? I can't tell

Oh I'm deadly serious.  I also have friends working at some of the other theaters in the GTA and they are reporting the same thing.

#Crumbling. 

• Like 3