grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Id pay at least $70 if it meant and unlimited film subscription every month. I know I spend at least that every months. I go to the movies at least once a week more likely twice a week. So taking into account that Tuesday is only about six dollars that is still at least 60 or 70 dollars a month.

Baumer, don't you have a Scene card? You'd rack up a lot of points for free movies.

• Like 1

As far as American Summer releases go, this has been a really down year for me, I've only seen two, IO and JW (what else?). Last year I had seen seen six by the end of July and in 2013, thirteen by the end of July.

2013 was full of shit though. Every blockbuster really sucked but made bank.

I agree. So many good films in 2014. I saw so many films last summer but this year all I've seen is Ultron, Mad Max, JW, and Ant-Man. The films this year didn't really appeal to me and alot of them looked really bad. I'll wait for redbox to see Inside Out.

Edited by Eddy BRUSIER Hayes
  • Like 1

As far as American Summer releases go, this has been a really down year for me, I've only seen two, IO and JW (what else?). Last year I had seen seen six by the end of July and in 2013, thirteen by the end of July.

I've only seen those two plus Ultron, Fury Road, & Magic Mike XXL. The latter two were my favorites of the 5.

Baumer, don't you have a Scene card? You'd rack up a lot of points for free movies.

Of course i do. But its still 10 movies before a free one.

Not going to list what ive seen. Probably easier to lust what i haven't.

Tomorrowland

Magic mike

max

dope

I think thats it so far....except for this weekends stuff

2013 was full of shit though. Every blockbuster really sucked but made bank.

Of the ones I saw up to this point, the only ones I actively disliked were STID and After Earth. The other stuff I was mostly positive on. It's more that this year, there's nothing really that I've wanted to see.

I don't think that studios care about July anymore I think that July has became the next April and April has became the next July. Studios dump the bigger releases at the beginning of the year then until 4th of July they don't care once 4th Of July hits hopefully Star Trek 3 and some other franchises kick it in next year if not I'm gonna say that July is the new September. I wouldn't be surprised once again this year if August out grosses July again.

to me Summer 2013 had lots of good movies(Fast 6, This Is The End, The Heat, Pacific Rim,2 Guns, The Conjuring,We"re The Millers, and The Great Gatsby) some not bad movies that I actually liked(Hangover 3, The Purge, and You're Next) to only five bad movies(Man Of Steel, The Wolverine, White House Down, The Internship, and After Earth). It was also an unpredictable and quite fun summer to predict and see movies surprise that we all thought were gonna flop like World War Z for example.

Summer movies I saw last year:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION

MALEFICENT

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN II

GODZILLA

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON II

LUCY
EDGE OF TOMORROW

HERCULES

I don't think I'll see as many this year.

This unbelievably horrible for Paper Towns

I agree especially considering that it was heavily advertised(Social media, trailers/spots, and TFIOS) I wonder if people weren't really wanting to see that guy from that forgettable nickoledeon wannabe boy band act.

Summer movies I saw last year:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION

MALEFICENT

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN II

GODZILLA

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON II

LUCY

EDGE OF TOMORROW

HERCULES

I don't think I'll see as many this year.

OMG we saw the same movies except I didn't see Lucy..lol. :lol:

• Like 1

We should open a www thread for Minions once it crosses 1b ww.

Yeah I think unlike all the negative comments about Minions on this forum and the steep drops for the film in its 2nd and 3rd weekends, I still think this won't affect its ww gross. 

Disagree with all those saying the film is dooring poorly/disappointing. It's dropping steeply - yes that' a fact. Frontloaded? Yes. Disappointing? No. Its first weekend alone could have been half its gross (almost = DM1) and it still wouldn't have been a disappointment. 

Edited by MinaTakla
  • Like 1

I don't know about you guys, but I saw fifteen movies this summer and the only one that disappointed me was Antman, Enjoyed

Avengers

Mad Max

PP2

Tomorrowland

Spy

San Andreas

Jurassic World

Inside Out

DOPE

Terminator G

Trainwreck

Magic Mike XXL