Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

If the Reacher script gets done soon that could be filmed this year for 2016 and MI6 can be shot next summer for 2017. I'm sure Paramount is thinking that way as we speak.

It's already August. How can they film Reacher 2 this year?

Edited by RichWS

anyone who has f4 as the best f4 movie doenst have the right to criticize other peoples movie opinions LMFAOOO f4 was the worst

Well you probably like Fast Five.. Which makes you s horrible person :P

4 is great

Really solid for MI5.  I was scrolling through Tom Cruise profile on Box Office Mojo last night and I forgot how consistent he has been over DECADES.  The dude is just a beast in terms of dollars grossed and sometimes I forget that because of the circus his life can be in the media.

I still feel like FF4 is going to surprise next weekend.  There's really no reason for GA not to see it at this point.

• Like 1

Cruise is still in great shape but I do wonder whether he plans to bow out in the near future. I imagine Paramount will want to keep the franchise going so perhaps they should bring in a rookie agent in one of the films who can become Ethan's successor

Cruise is still in great shape but I do wonder whether he plans to bow out in the near future. I imagine Paramount will want to keep the franchise going so perhaps they should bring in a rookie agent in one of the films who can become Ethan's successor

They tried that with Renner. He's lacking charisma. And it almost always feels contrived when they try that kind stuff.  I see Cruise taking this momentum as far as he can, one or two more.  My bet is when he's done, Paramount fully reboots...or basically does, and has Cruise cameo as a mentor.

Edited by Macleod

They tried that with Renner. He's lacking charisma. And I see Cruise taking this momentum as far as he can, one or two more.  My bet is when he's done, Paramount fully reboots...or basically does, and has Cruise cameo as a mentor.

I can't imagine them doing a Bond and having a new actor playing Ethan Hunt, it'll likely be a new character and a new team.

Well you probably like Fast Five.. Which makes you s horrible person :P

4 is great

well gp is better than fast 5 but its not better than furoius 7 , but mi2 was so bad that it just loses this ff vs mi series cuz my god that movie was boring

You could be talking about any M:I movie here.

I disagree. Tom Cruise is a capable and charismatic actor, that alone makes Ethan Hunt more captivating that anyone in the FF franchise.

Same for MI supporting characters.

I generally dig the the M:I movies but I'm kind of amazed they inspire any real passion. They're quintessential 'forget ten minutes after watching' movies.

Ethan was the only one fiercely defending those movies, and I think we established long time ago that Ethan's opinion is a joke, not worth taking it seriously.

• Like 2

Cruise should do one more and then call it quits. Plan an exit strategy with the next film. I like Cruise, I like these movies, but I was getting an episodic vibe from this one and I don't think they can drag that out much longer.

• Like 2

Cruise should do one more and then call it quits. Plan an exit strategy with the next film. I like Cruise, I like these movies, but I was getting an episodic vibe from this one and I don't think they can drag that out much longer.

They should go the Batman Beyond route and have Cruise hand over the reins to the next person. Introduce whoever that will be in the next movie and build the story around them somewhat, and make sure it isn't another case of Jeremy Renner-itis where they think he can take the franchise forward and no one remembers he was in the movie.

• Like 2

Director picked, just waiting on the script to be approved.

Agreed.  I think this will go ahead quicker than people think.  These Jack Reacher films aren't three figures like the M:I franchise.  It's a much smaller plate...or at least the first one was.  What's Cruise have booked in the fall, anything?