Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Come on people, the film is now where near the likes of a 

Highlander II

Its not that bad.

Highlander 2 I was ablt to watch till the end (it had a few nice moments but really too many... not so good ones). Highlander 5 not.

EVERYONE SAY IT WITH ME:

Iron Man 2 is not a bad movie. It is mediocre at worst and average at best. All of the Iron Man 2 promotional material is likely better than a single second of this 100 minutes atrocity.

Let's not be obtuse because it is one of MCU's worst movies.

Funny is, IM2 started filming without a script thanks to newly aranged filming shedules based on Wright not starting with Ant-man.

The people the loudest complaining about IM2 are way too often the same who said 'poor' Wright beside him filming at least 2 movies instead of Ant-Man

Agree: I do not like IM 2 (nor IM 3) for several reasons, but it's way not the worst movie ever or even in the bottom 25% out of all the movies ever made

• Like 2

Nope. I'll take F4 over IM2.

Nah, IM2 is mediocre while F4 is an abomination. That ending alone makes it one of the worst movies I have seen. Who the hell thought it was good to end the movie the way they do.

SM3 has some flair and impressive set-pieces courtesy of Raimi.

The action is IM2 is unexciting, the comedy isn't funny, the villain isn't threatening, the drama isn't involving, the new characters are paper-thin etc. It fails in every department, therefore it's a bad movie. 

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 5

Nah, IM2 is mediocre while F4 is an abomination. That ending alone makes it one of the worst movies I have seen. Who the hell thought it was good to end the movie the way they do.

The ending was.horrible... But everything that came before it was good

I feel like Fantastic Four is going to go down as a cautionary tale of how easy it is to horribly mangle a product that should've easily been a sure thing.

How about don't make a movie just to keep the rights. If F4 does end up back in Marvel's hands soon, it'll just be a repeat of what happened to Spiderman, which at least got one sequel out of its reboot before it crashed and burned. Ironic. 

Edited by moviesRus

Where'd did all this IM2 hate come from?

Did ya'll forget Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell chewing scenery?

Those two alone elevate the film above most superhero movies.

Mickey Rourke was terrible. Sam Rockwell was the only good thing about IM2.

IM2 is a nothing. A 0 movie. If that was a normal franchise the third movie would have capsized. 

I think it's a mess but it's entertaining in parts, still has some good action, top notch VFX, a fun Rockwell and at it's core has RDJ holding that shit together. But the GA audience liked it and it wasn't because it was benefiting from the MCU.  IM was the MCU at that point.

As for normal franchise - like what Transformers, Star Wars Prequels, the Jurassic Park sequels - all of which were worse movies and yet kept on ticketing?    And as said we'ere getting the DCU off the back of MOS which sucks so there's that.

• Like 2

SM3 has some flair and impressive set-pieces courtesy of Raimi.

The action is IM2 is unexciting, the comedy isn't funny, the villain isn't threatening, the drama isn't involving, the new characters are paper-thin etc. It fails in every department, therefore it's a bad movie.

SM3 shits all over Venom fans.

IM2 doesn't outright insult any fans as badly.

Rockwell and Garry Shandling made IM2 at least entertaining. Also RDJ and Gwyneth still have great chemistry, which is way more than can be said for a lot of CBMs. Thor 2 was more boring to me honestly, mostly cause NPortman is so useless and shoved into the plot. 

Edited by moviesRus