Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

The first Fantastic Four movie made money because there was a novelty to it before the well had been officially poisoned. Everyone's caught on by now. The "three strikes you're out" rule is officially creeping up on Fox when it comes this franchise.

I won't be surprised if they try one more time in 7 years (if they don't give the rights back to Marvel by then following the enormous failure of this movie), but as others have said, the series is officially damaged goods. I imagine Marvel isn't even happy watching what has done with one of their biggest and most valuable properties.

Maybe that's Fox machiavellian plan :lol: torturing F4 & it's fans and forcing Marvel to buy the rights. It's like kidnapping and torturing a loved one to get a ransom.

• Like 3

MCU's only misfires for me have been the solo Thor movies.

The two Thor movies are mediocre as hell. But they do well OS and Chris Hems get a paycheck. Good for him I guess? :unsure:

The first was decent enough but The Dark World is the only MCU movie I don't enjoy. The best part to me was the Collector credit scene and that was done by Gunn. Hopefully Ragnarok gets The Winter Soldier treatment.
  • Like 1

The two Thor movies are mediocre as hell. But they do well OS and Chris Hems get a paycheck. Good for him I guess? :unsure:

The first Thor is pretty good. Hail Branagh. 

• Like 3

and 2 of the 3 solo IM movies. and 1 of the 2 solo CA movies.

and 2 of the 3 solo IM movies. and 1 of the 2 solo CA movies.

Iron Man 3 is legit good. Not sure why people hate that movie. Oh yeah, it changes stuff from the comics, so it is crap. Fucking fanboys., 

• Like 7

How do you know it won't happen at some point? Besides, the fact The Dark World, The First Avenger or The Incredible Hulk are fresh is actually amazing. But I guess the same old shit for 10 years is great and everyone loves it (can't complain much, so far I like their movies, even if they take 0 risks).

Same old shit?

If Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, and GotG weren't Marvel characters people would never connect them.

And you think there was zero risk involved in making Ant-Man and GotG? lol!

Phase 3 is also filled with risky projects like Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the Inhumans.

Lastly, Thor 2 is my least favorite MCU film yet it's 5 times better than any of Fox's FF movies. That should tell you something.

• Like 5

Iron Man 3 is legit good. Not sure why people hate that movie. Oh yeah, it changes stuff from the comics, so it is crap. Fucking fanboys., 

I am not a marvel or dc fan-boy, haven't followed comic books much, did not know Mandarin was a comic book villain till the movie came out, and loved IM1. Thought IM3 was a big meh. Quiet a few non-fanboys dislike it too i am sure.

Edited by a2k

Same old shit?

If Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, and GotG weren't Marvel characters people would never connect them.

And you think there was zero risk involved in making Ant-Man and GotG? lol!

Phase 3 is also filled with risky projects like Black Panther, Captain Marvel and the Inhumans.

Lastly, Thor 2 is my least favorite MCU film yet it's 5 times better than any of Fox's FF movies. That should tell you something.

Lol. So you are saying that instead of Marvel there was any other brand behind those movie they would bomb? I can't right now. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1