Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Why would a Marvel reboot open with more, assuming both would be good?

MCU has a loyal fanbase.

Even a D-list character like Ant-Man can push 450 m WW.

If the ASM series divided fans, another Fox reboot of FF would cause a straight up mutiny. They've used up every ounce of goodwill with Fantastic Flop.

• Like 1

It is because of that fanboy attitude of Marvel is Jesus that I want FOX to keep the rights. If they can make good X-Men movies they can also make good F4 movies. Unfortunately, it is undoubtedly after this monster failure they won't try to get some big money from a deal with Marvel. 

I'm not one of those "Marvel is the Holy Grail" types, but come on: Fox clearly doesn't have a clue what to do with the property and have really diminished its value this time around. They've already tried two tonally different attempts, and have failed both times. They won't be attempting another Fantastic Four movie anytime soon.

• Like 3

Just because I hate fanboy mentality. The crap the cast received when it was announced was absolutely ridiculous. For that alone they deserve to never get FF in the MCU.

So the only people that ever complained about the casting were MCU fanboys? BKB doesn't speak for all of us you know.

MCU has a loyal fanbase.

Even a D-list character like Ant-Man can push 450 m WW.

If the ASM series divided fans, another Fox reboot of FF would cause a straight up mutiny. They've used up every ounce of goodwill with Fantastic Flop.

Wrong. Ant-Man did 450M because it had a good marketing campaign and good reviews. If Marvel had released some POS like this new FF it would also bomb.

• Like 2

It is because of that fanboy attitude of Marvel is Jesus that I want FOX to keep the rights. If they can make good X-Men movies they can also make good F4 movies. Unfortunately, it is undoubtedly after this monster failure they won't try to get some big money from a deal with Marvel.

You want Fox to keep the rights just to spite Marvel fans? Also, why do you think they can make a good one after failing horribly three times under different regimes?

So the only people that ever complained about the casting were MCU fanboys? BKB doesn't speak for all of us you know.

Lmao, I have seen tons and tons of fanboys losing their shit online because the Human Torch was frikking black. 

The FF/X-Men movie is already on the schedule. So I think they already know they can do it. I think an audience will be there for a good movie. First Class saved the X-Men brand without setting the world on fire.

After this I think FOX would be best to keep Fantastic Four and X-Men seperate. Even with a different cast and completely ignoring this reboot I don't see it doing well. X-Men is fine on its own.
  • Like 1

Fox will make a stand-alone Silver Surfer movie I think.

Gunn had been hired for one back in 1999 http://geektyrant.com/news/james-gunn-almost-developed-a-silver-surfer-movie

In 2013 Stan Lee said an SS stand-alone movie in inevitable. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheDailySuperHero/news/?a=82590

That's the only way I think Fox can re-introduce Fantastic Four.

You're not gonna get a sudden 90% decline. But the decline is there, and it's not a minor one.

Yes, but a small decline was inevitable. TA was extremely anticipated and delivered on those expectations. It was a phenomenon. While 460 is not as much as I would have figured, it's less than 10% off my low end of 500. Those expecting 600+ were being overly optimistic.

• Like 1

Yes, but a small decline was inevitable. TA was extremely anticipated and delivered on those expectations. It was a phenomenon. While 460 is not as much as I would have figured, it's less than 10% off my low end of 500. Those expecting 600+ were being overly optimistic.  downright delusional

FTFY

• Like 2

You want Fox to keep the rights just to spite Marvel fans? Also, why do you think they can make a good one after failing horribly three times under different regimes?

Why wouldn't I think that? Does this mean I can't think Marvel will at some point release a massive turd to the market? FOX made good X-Men movies. They can do good FF movies too. I feel they really tried hard this time. They got a hot new director with a good movie on his resume (same thing many others did as well) and they got a pretty great cast. 

• Like 1