CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

What's the next big movie?? PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 55: GHOST PROTOCOL???

Maze Runner, Martian and Hotel Transylvania could all do 40+ before then. Plus Everest, Black Mass, Steve Jobs, Pan, Crimson Peak, Bridge of Spies, and Goosebumps could all bring in money in that time. This September and October looks very promising. 

• Like 2

I'm excited for September and October because it seems like huge misfires among award-season contenders, ala movies like Australia, Blindness, Nine etc are very rare these days. It seems like most of the major movies that are expected to be good ARE good. Sure, there's letdowns like Unbroken and War Horse, but even those weren't awful. And early buzz is already strong for Everest, Steve Jobs, Martian, Sicario, Danish Girl (which I have zero urge to see) and Suffragette. Really, except Black Mass and Bridge of Spies, word on most of the fall slate is pretty damn spiffy (even on Goosebumps!) and I have no reason to think those movies won't be good, too. So this should be a fun fall. Hopefully Spectre, Star Wars, Creed, Hateful Eight, and Revenant live up to it. 

• Like 1

I'm excited for September and October because it seems like huge misfires among award-season contenders, ala movies like Australia, Blindness, Nine etc are very rare these days. It seems like most of the major movies that are expected to be good ARE good. Sure, there's letdowns like Unbroken and War Horse, but even those weren't awful. And early buzz is already strong for Everest, Steve Jobs, Martian, Sicario, Danish Girl (which I have zero urge to see) and Suffragette. Really, except Black Mass and Bridge of Spies, word on most of the fall slate is pretty damn spiffy (even on Goosebumps!) and I have no reason to think those movies won't be good, too. So this should be a fun fall. Hopefully Spectre, Star Wars, Creed, Hateful Eight, and Revenant live up to it. 

Yeah, the fall/holidays look awesome this year. Only downside for me is that I almost certainly won't get around to seeing them all (the promising looking/sounding ones, that is).

Edited by filmlover