DAJK

What Is A Movie You Would Like To See Get Made?

So this is something I'm pretty sure all of us have thought at some point "Oh god that would make such an excellent movie! But freaking Hollywood doesn't seem to care. Whatever." There have been countless times I've thought this, and right now I have two examples of stories that I would love to see adapted into a feature film. What do you guys think of these choices, and obviously what are some "movies" (that aren't technically in development) that you would like to see get made.

My first would be the BONE saga. For years I've wanted to see a film/series adaptation of this story, and I've gotten so angry with the tease. Back in 2011 when there was some news, I thought for sure this movie was coming. And alas, it is 2015 and... nothing.

My second pick is is a historical story, from the Greek and Persian Wars. I just recently learned about this part of history and think it would make a fantastic modern epic. Basically, after the fall of Athens from the Peloponnesian War, Prince Cyrus of Persia hires ten thousand Greek "mercenaries" to come with him and an army of Persians to overthrow his brother King Artaxerxes (but he didn't tell the Greeks why they were going, they thought thew were just going across shore). Anyways, Cyrus loses the battle and ten thousand Greeks are lost in the middle of Persia, 1500 miles from home.

So what are some movies you guys would like to see made?

• Like 2

Bone would be awesome.

I want to see an epic about Hannibal and the Punic Wars. I had a history professor who described a hypothetical movie scene in a lecture to give an idea of how amazing this was, with elephants marching through the Alps and such. Ever since then, I have desperately wanted that movie. (Fortunately, someone in Hollywood does want such a movie to be made. Unfortunately, that someone is Vin Diesel...I can't see that working.)

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

I don't have any preference, so my answer would be a good one?  :P

:rofl:

Bone would be awesome.

I want to see an epic about Hannibal and the Punic Wars. I had a history professor who described a hypothetical movie scene in a lecture to give an idea of how amazing this was, with elephants marching through the Alps and such. Ever since then, I have desperately wanted that movie. (Fortunately, someone in Hollywood does want such a movie to be made. Unfortunately, that someone is Vin Diesel...I can't see that working.)

That's the great thing about history; there's just so much materiel to tell stories from!

Chronicles of Ancient Darkness. Fox did buy the rights to make movies 10 years ago, but they haven't done anything with it and it looks like they never will.

Edited by Tree-5000

A blockbuster budgeted movie about the creation of the world from the book of genesis. it is kind of my passion project, if I ever do get around to becoming a director, no matter what you believe, you got to admit movie about creation would be one of the most visually amazing things you could witness.

• Like 2

Some things I think would work

Biopics/History films that should be made

Andrew Jackson

Genghis Khan and the Mongol Horde

An FDR centered movie

War of the Roses

Behind the Beautiful Forevers adaption

Punic Wars

Adaptions that should happen

A Good and True Illiad and Oddysey adaption

Genesis (up to say Babel or Noah)

King David

• Like 1

I would love to see someone do Isaac Asimov's Foundation in trilogy form.  (at least 3 movies)   Not sure anyone would ever be brave enough to do it though....there could not be a "star".    The cast would change constantly since it covers many hundreds of years.   Might be easier to cast it though since some actors may be hesitant to sign a multi picture deal.   They would only appear in one movie in a Foundation franchise.

• Like 1