kayumanggi

THE SNOWMAN | 10.20.17 | Universal | Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson

35 minutes ago, Alli said:

So many movies release on that date. What are the chances this moves? I can't see it doing good on this date....too much competition

This. Something's gotta give if anything is going to succeed. Hopefully they're not all waiting for somebody else to move because by then it might be too late.

The War with Grandpa will definitely move because Weinstein. 

Granite Mountain Hotshots will probably move too. :kitschjob: is box office poison. 

I doubt Same Kind of Different as Me will have a super wide release. Probably something around 1k theaters if it stays on that date.

Is that Same Kind of Different As Me a religious movie, or just really corny? Can't tell.

Also, I really enjoyed this book - fun, twisty little thriller that actually kept me guessing. But it's kind of just a pulpy airport novel and I could see it going wrong quickly.

58 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Is that Same Kind of Different As Me a religious movie, or just really corny? Can't tell.

Same Kind of Different as Me is a Drama film distributed by Pure Flix, the distributors of past Christians hits like God's Not Dead. It seems like just another admittedly corny faith-based film, but the cast (Greg Kinnear, Renee Zellweger, Djimon Honsou) and premise (a middle class man bonds with a homeless man) are enough to convince me not to write it off just yet. Personally, I'm excited for it.

• Like 1

I hope this is the fun kind of preposterous rather than the self-serious and idiotic kind. Still feels like it could go either way.

I'll be seeing it for the actors and the gorgeously photographed snow regardless. Maybe I'll pick up the book before it's out.