kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

Yeah I meant predictions here, everyone was raving about AB's trailer and hyping it up so much, its trailer also played in a lot of movies the months before it came out and people here were prediciting wick 2 numbers.

I just think Jlaw is entering hasbeen status, like not yet, but people are fed up with her and she seems like a celebrity more than an actress

Edited by TombRaider
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

You are predicting a rare 20m+ OW weekend success and entering hasbeen status at the same time for an actor ?

Yeah, i should express myself better, she's not a hasbeen obviously but she's nowhere what she was in 2012-2014, i guess her star is fading... let me drop my prediction to 18/50

18 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

Yeah, i should express myself better, she's not a hasbeen obviously but she's nowhere what she was in 2012-2014, i guess her star is fading... let me drop my prediction to 18/50

That make more sense 18/50 but still above Theron/McAvoy just after Split in a very well received movie with the John wick buzz team helping ?

She is for sure not were she was in 2013 domestic when she was just below Denzel and Hanks the favorite actor of americans adults while having a perfect score among the 12-17):

https://web.archive.org/web/20160130053432/http://theharrispoll.com/health-and-life/Tom-Hanks-Favorite-Movie-Star.html

No one that didn't start is career in the 90s achieved to keep a wide/general box office appeal yet, Lawrence being pretty much the only one ever to reach that level for a while I think, will see if it was just a flash in the pan and if it will ever happen again for a real star to happen in the 2000s.

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Some years probably, that was the first year Jolie stopped to make it in a while.

You just see the top 10 of 2015 ranked in every year since 1994.

Yeah, that's true,told you in the commuter thread but you're like the nicest and insightful person in this board:P

1 hour ago, TombRaider said:

I just think Jlaw is entering hasbeen status, like not yet, but people are fed up with her and she seems like a celebrity more than an actress

OK. I wish Alicia well with her movie, by the way. I know a lot about it because they are trying to market it to Hunger Games fans. Not those who read your posts, of course, but I question the wisdom of your tactics.

Tomb Raider may well be the franchise that launches Alicia as a popular actress (as opposed to art house - loved her in Ex Machina), however, google trends doesn't show Jen as a has been:

5aydtxo.png

LGxxqar.png

that doesn't include mother! marketing, since that was in August and September, and this is just the last 90 days, and does reflect Margot's awards interest (if you go back a year, Emma Stone spiked at the academy awards as well).  However, if these people are has beens, who isn't?

1 hour ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Box office decreased their prediction from 26m to 22m and a total domestic run of 69m.

Let's see how it goes the following weeks, after the black panther hype lessens a bit. 

And as promo for this picks up. Honestly, their predictions aren't that great, so I'm just waiting for the movie.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TombRaider said:

Yeah I meant predictions here, everyone was raving about AB's trailer and hyping it up so much, its trailer also played in a lot of movies the months before it came out and people here were prediciting wick 2 numbers.

Still seems very popular. When a young woman becomes very successful, they attract haters in comment sections, but that's nothing. She is too talented and charismatic to go anywhere.

As long as RS has decent reviews it will do fine.  

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Barnack said:

Atomic blonde best tracking was 20 to 22m, 30m that is John Wick 2 level of opening.

I also have big doubt about a giant 30m OW... for this ? Almost no original live action ever open that big, 20m tend to be what big success opening turn around now a day, a very limited amount will achieve that star power 20m mark in a year and everything need to go well like for Hidden Figures, Arrival, Baby driver or Hitman Bodyguard to achieve it and usually it will be barely.

Box office pro 27m prediction was always on the very optimistic side that is a 60% upgrade on Atomic Blonde/American Made almost 100% bigger than John Wick/Sicario, all very well received movies. 

Actually Atomic Blonde first tracking on pro.boxoffice was 27.5m OW.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-atomic-blonde-emoji-movie/

With one week before realease, it was still at a very high 26m on pro.boxoffice.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-see-american-assassin/

And it ended up with 18.3m OW actual number.

Looks like Red Sparrow it's following the exact same path. Started with 26m OW first tracking, now it's lowered at 22m.

So probably the actual numbers will come around 18m, if the movie it's good.

22 minutes ago, Marcus Cato said:

Actually Atomic Blonde first tracking on pro.boxoffice was 27.5m OW.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-atomic-blonde-emoji-movie/

With one week before realease, it was still at a very high 26m on pro.boxoffice.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-see-american-assassin/

And it ended up with 18.3m OW actual number.

Those are someone website estimate, not tracking.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-preview-emoji-movie-atomic-blonde-battle-dunkirk-1024619

Atomic Blonde, a period action-thriller starring Charlize Theron, also makes its big-screen appearance this weekend. According to tracking, the $30 million pic should open between $20 million-$22 million

22 minutes ago, Marcus Cato said:

Looks like Red Sparrow it's following the exact same path. Started with 26m OW first tracking, now it's lowered at 22m.

So probably the actual numbers will come around 18m, if the movie it's good.

Not sure we have any clear idea of how it tracked at any time, but yeah could follow a similar box office pro estimate trajectory.