kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

• Like 1

The violence apparently will turn people off. For me is a must-see! :)

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

Without good reviews, this could make mother! look like Black Panther. :jeb!:

The marketing for mother! always promised something of an odd movie that wouldn't have mass appeal, so I think having a more striking marketing campaign should give this a mid-teens opening. That said, I won't be surprised if it drops well over 50% the following week and dies quickly from there.

• Like 1

61% as of this writing...

The question's gonna be, will this or will this not get a fresh rating? Because it really is teetering.

I think Jennifer Lawrence is in a position where she kind of needs this to succeed. I mean, a success would definitely help to keep her position going. She's a very talented actress, and there's no doubt that Jennifer Lawrence was at least a credible reason why films like Joy and Passengers were able to do as well as they did. In fact, she could hit a dry spot and probably still get a Cecil B. DeMille award in the future. But it'd be a shame if her appeal dropped not because of her but because of the roles she chose.

I think this can still do well, but I'm not sure if it'll do as well as I initially thought.

2 minutes ago, slambros said:

61% as of this writing...

The question's gonna be, will this or will this not get a fresh rating? Because it really is teetering.

I think Jennifer Lawrence is in a position where she kind of needs this to succeed. I mean, a success would definitely help to keep her position going. She's a very talented actress, and there's no doubt that Jennifer Lawrence was at least a credible reason why films like Joy and Passengers were able to do as well as they did. In fact, she could hit a dry spot and probably still get a Cecil B. DeMille award in the future. But it'd be a shame if her appeal dropped not because of her but because of the roles she chose.

I think this can still do well, but I'm not sure if it'll do as well as I initially thought.

JLaw seems to be choosing challenging roles on purpose and not going for easy paychecks (especially when she still has the X-Men franchise for those). I'd say the total no1curr that was Passengers might've turned her off from making more standard fare but she had already signed on for these movies (and already filmed mother!) before that even came out.

• Like 2