terrestrial

w/e est.PerfectG 26.7|Visit 25.7|WarR 7.4|MI5 4.15|SOC 4.1 p.21 - Sun rth TPG/TV 5.5|WR 2.4|WITW 1.2|MI5 1|SOC 950k p.26

good weekend for newcomers, both probably won't have great legs, but still solid returns

both will probably probably earn between 50-60 million domestic or so but they cost less than 20 million combined(adding production budgets) alone so they are still big nice surpises.
  • Like 1

Sixth Sense is pretty OK but that ending with Toni Collette is priceless.

My problem with The Sixth Sense is the same as with The Prestige...I saw the twist coming a mile away. And unlike Signs where I saw it coming too, the twist was the best part of those films. Signs had so much more for me than that.

Glad to hear the visit is decent. I actually watched lady in the water again.......and it still isn't good. Same with the village, but at least that movie is beautiful to look at.

Unbreakable and sixth sense are great though. I haven't seen signs in awhile but I remember that birthday scene scaring the shit out of me

• Like 1

I had no idea this Perfect Guy film was even a thing. I just googled it and saw the poster  :mellow:

If you dont watch MTV, VH1,  Lifetime, BET, OWN, Oxygen, BRAVO, or ABC then you probably didnt know it existed. It caters to the starved female audience, specifically black women. 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 3

If you dont watch MTV, VH1, BET, OWN, Oxygen, BRAVO then you probably didnt know it existed. It caters to the starved female audience, specifically black women. 

I've never heard of any of those except MTV. And I don't watch TV anyway.

Edited by Tree-5000

So The Perfect Guy seems to be doing double what I predicted it would do this weekend and The Visit is slightly above my expectations. Guess Screen Gems will have another one of these lined up the same weekend next year. Who would have thought this would be the weekend where the box office picked back up.

Edited by Rman823

I'm doing a double feature today! I thought I'd do something special since it's my birthday. Anyways. The Visit was good. It wasn't crowded. but the audience was very...into it. Going to finally see The Man From UNCLE after dinner. Tomorrow I might top it off with Straight Outta Compton.

Happy Birthday, babe! Hope you had a bomb ass day!