terrestrial

w/e est.PerfectG 26.7|Visit 25.7|WarR 7.4|MI5 4.15|SOC 4.1 p.21 - Sun rth TPG/TV 5.5|WR 2.4|WITW 1.2|MI5 1|SOC 950k p.26

I wish Sanaa Lathan, Morris Chestnut and Micheal Ealy could get better roles, they've been grinding for years and have a loyal audience. I dont understand why studios restrict  black actors to just romantic comedies and thrillers, why not sci-fi, drama, fantasy, action and comic book genres?

These movies would do huge business. 

• Like 1

I wish Sanaa Lathan, Morris Chestnut and Micheal Ealy could get better roles, they've been grinding for years and have a loyal audience. I dont understand why studios restrict black actors to just romantic comedies and thrillers, why not sci-fi, drama, fantasy, action and comic book genres?

Sanaa Lathan was in Alien vs Predator

Yeah, I've seen ads for The Perfect Guy and also a billboard on a major thoroughfare, that's been up for 2-3 weeks, and I don't know when the last time it was, that I saw one of those for a movie.

The title may be The Perfect Guy, but many women in the target audience would consider both Michael Ealy and Morris Chestnut pretty flawless. They're both in their forties, aging like fine wines, steadily working for years, so there's multi-generational appeal, too. And Sanaa Lathan is someone who this audience has wanted to see getting more starring roles.

It's a crying shame that Sanaa Lathan hasn't gotten more lead roles. She's beautiful, charismatic and a great actress. Has not gotten a chance to do more in her career. 

• Like 1

I wish Sanaa Lathan, Morris Chestnut and Micheal Ealy could get better roles, they've been grinding for years and have a loyal audience. I dont understand why studios restrict  black actors to just romantic comedies and thrillers, why not sci-fi, drama, fantasy, action and comic book genres?

Be interesting to see how Black Panther does. Heck, be interesting to see the reaction to him in Civil War.

Edited by Orestes

Yeah, all we know right now is Martin Freeman.

Thats a good start. The Hobbit movies were mediocre, but Freeman was consistently great.

Edit - Presumably whoever played Klaw in AoU will be back as well, since he's Black Panther's big enemy and all.

Edited by Wrath

Thats a good start. The Hobbit movies were mediocre, but Freeman was consistently great.

Edit - Presumably whoever played Klaw in AoU will be back as well, since he's Black Panther's big enemy and all.

Oh right. Serkis.

• Like 1

Everytime I read the name Morris Chestnut I think "That can't be a real name, it sounds like an animated chipmunk in a christmas movie"

• Like 2

The visit was pretty good. A good solid return for MNS. It's not up to the level of un breakable, signs, or the sixth sense. A good solid base hit. The kids were great.

Not to the level of signs? Signs was the worse movie ever (the ending was so dumb )..unbreakable was good Edited by Andy001

So next week & onwards we have the BIG 3 : Spectre, MJ 2, & The Good Dinosaur

The YA franchise that could, Scorch Trials

Transylvania 2, Goosebumps, Peanuts Movie,  and Chimpmunks 4 for the kids

and new movies from :

Dennis Villeneuve :Sicario

Scott Cooper : Black mass

Ridley Scott : The Martian

Tom Hooper : The Danish Gurl

Steven Spielberg : Bridge of Spies

Robert Zemeckis : The Walk

Alejandro G. Inarittu : The Revenant

David o'Russell : Joy