darkelf

Best Cinematography 2015

I don't remember anything remarkable about Everest's cinematography, that whole movie was quite a letdown if you asked me. I'd say the Revenant is nearly assured to win just from the trailers alone, I did think The martin had great cinematography though.

I think people forget that snow doesn't need good cinematography to look pretty.

• Like 1

I would say it does. Snow can look very ugly at times.

You're right. I've been to Chicago when the snow is just dirty and disgusting. What I mean is pretty, fluffy, white snow that is posed or abundant.

But I'm no too credible when it comes to snow. I live in Phoenix.

You're right. I've been to Chicago when the snow is just dirty and disgusting. What I mean is pretty, fluffy, white snow that is posed or abundant.

But I'm no too credible when it comes to snow. I live in Phoenix.

I lived in Minnesota most of my life. Snow looks beautiful after it just snowed since there is a shine to it. Snow looks very ugly in the city. 

Well I thought the Martian did great here-and I did like it more then Gravity since for once thing it was easier to watch.

Nothing can beat when people said Blair Witch should be nominated-in all honesty I would do a better job then that film and nobody would want me with a camera as I go crazy shaking it!

After the new international trailer, I'm starting to think Star Wars is highly likely for a nomination. That cinematography looks amazing. Predictions:

The Hateful Eight

Mad Max

The Martian

The Revenant

Star Wars

Alts: Sicario, Spectre, The Walk

I'd say this is the category I'm most sure about, with Carol, Revenant, H8ful, Max, and Sicario seeming like a safe bet, unless they don't go for Sicario/Hateful at all and one of those misses. Fucking shame the Weinsteins completely dumped MacBeth- that deserves a nom, and honestly, maybe even the win, despite being a loaded category this year. 

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I'd say this is the category I'm most sure about, with Carol, Revenant, H8ful, Max, and Sicario seeming like a safe bet, unless they don't go for Sicario/Hateful at all and one of those misses. Fucking shame the Weinsteins completely dumped MacBeth- that deserves a nom, and honestly, maybe even the win, despite being a loaded category this year. 

Yeah, the first four are all getting in then the last spot is between Sicario, The Martian, and The Walk