Dementeleus

THE BIG SHORT | Paramount | December 23, 2015 | Adam McKay directing | Pitt, Bale, Gosling, Carelll

Possibly,

But seriously, there's always a screening at the arclight.

Yes. Paramount deliberately screens its films when Tele cannot watch them, as they are confident he would not like it.

I like Tree's story better. Doesn't seem like the type of movie that the over age 1000 demographic will enjoy anyway

Screenings don't evoke confidence. They do that for everyone movie.

In fact, all the screenings it is having means they don't know how to market it or it is still very much a work-in-progress.

I don't know about that,

Ok yes, this example won't make you think it's good.

But I saw a screening of Ninja Turtles the week before it released. I don't think that had any influence on the marketing.

And, to better my point...I saw a screening of District 9 a couple weeks before release...well, Nough said...we know how that turned out. Safe to say my reaction was...holy fucking shit.

Edited by kowhite

I don't know about that,

Ok yes, this example won't make you think it's good.

But I saw a screening of Ninja Turtles the week before it released. I don't think that had any influence on the marketing.

And, to better my point...I saw a screening of District 9 a couple weeks before release...well, Nough said...we know how that turned out. Safe to say my reaction was...holy fucking shit.

We are talking about two different types of screenings.

This is test screening, which does as I explain.

The screenings you are talking about are pretty much the only way I go to movies now. They are free for audiences in the hopes that they can build up hype/still gauge what the audience thinks of it. Sometimes there purpose is to get critics in so their reviews can be published ahead of the theatrical release. These are usually a couple weeks or less leading up to a film.

A test screening usually involves signing embargoes and are typically in LA and NYC showing movies months and up to a year or so ahead. Ihave a friend who went to a test screening of Crimson Peak like 9 months ago.

We are talking about two different types of screenings.

This is test screening, which does as I explain.

The screenings you are talking about are pretty much the only way I go to movies now. They are free for audiences in the hopes that they can build up hype/still gauge what the audience thinks of it. Sometimes there purpose is to get critics in so their reviews can be published ahead of the theatrical release. These are usually a couple weeks or less leading up to a film.

A test screening usually involves signing embargoes and are typically in LA and NYC showing movies months and up to a year or so ahead. Ihave a friend who went to a test screening of Crimson Peak like 9 months ago.

Hmm..any idea how that went? (if there was anything he could say about it :P)

Edited by kaijukurt