kayumanggi

FATHER FIGURES | 12.22.17 | Warner Brothers | trailer on page 1

5 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Ed Helms face is an accurate reaction to that poster :gold: 

There are like 3 other comedies coming out this Christmas that look way better than this does (one of them doesn't even look that good!).

Hmmm. Interesting.

• Like 1

I have a gut that says this is going to do better than people think it will.  It opens on Christmas weekend.  Call me craxzy, but of the three comedies opening that weekend, I could see Downsizing be the one that gets lost in the shuffle.

3 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I have a gut that says this is going to do better than people think it will.  It opens on Christmas weekend.  Call me craxzy, but of the three comedies opening that weekend, I could see Downsizing be the one that gets lost in the shuffle.

This and Downsizing will cancel each other out IMO. Having 2 R comedies go against each other isn't a good thing, especially when one has mixed reviews and the other has been shuffled around to hell by the studio.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This and Downsizing will cancel each other out IMO. Having 2 R comedies go against each other isn't a good thing, especially when one has mixed reviews and the other has been shuffled around to hell by the studio.

I thinking both this and Downsizing will be the Christmas casualties this year. Too much else out that is more appealing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

That's a $5m+ OD.
Bold prediction. I wouldn't be surprised by this being the WE-Number.

I just think it's the kind of movie that might appeal to people over the holidays.  I think Downsizing has very little appeal and PP3 appeals to a different crowd.  So people are looking for nice light fluff over the holidays.  This could be that film.

2 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I just think it's the kind of movie that might appeal to people over the holidays.  I think Downsizing has very little appeal and PP3 appeals to a different crowd.  So people are looking for nice light fluff over the holidays.  This could be that film.

Jumanji will basically function as the big comedy of the holidays (and the #1 alternative to Star Wars).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Jumanji will basically function as the big comedy of the holidays (and the #1 alternative to Star Wars).

I agree.  But I'm not predicting big things for FF.  45 million is hardly a drop in the bucket.