WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg31): The Martian 37 | HT2 20.3 | Pan 15.5 | Intern 8.66 | Sicario 7.35 | The Walk 3.65 | Steve Jobs 521k

Steve Jobs only opens internationally on the November 12 weekend :( At least we are getting it on that weekend. 

Can't pull a sad face. whenever we get Oscar bait that comes out before the year actually ends and not in january/february it's a victory.

Can't pull a sad face. whenever we get Oscar bait that comes out before the year actually ends and not in january/february it's a victory.

That also happens here, it is the same all over Europe. 

because it's straight up not good.

Come on, it's well-made, well-acted...the problem is it's not special. At all. Were it not for Depp and the above-average directing the movie would've received very little attention. On the page it just doesn't stand out. It's a gangster movie that follows familiar gangster movie tropes. 

• Like 1

Curious how Jobs expands. It's definitely not as commercial as Social Network and feels like a more rigid film (to its benefit I'd argue), but it's very good and I think people won't be disappointed even if they come in with TSN expectations. 

Pan is a fascinating failure. I've got to imagine WB is worried about their commitment to King Arthur right about now. Swashbuckling action is a hard sell without a star or a novelty. 

• Like 1

Curious how Jobs expands. It's definitely not as commercial as Social Network and feels like a more rigid film (to its benefit I'd argue), but it's very good and I think people won't be disappointed even if they come in with TSN expectations. 

Pan is a fascinating failure. I've got to imagine WB is worried about their commitment to King Arthur right about now. Swashbuckling action is a hard sell without a star or a novelty. 

They have that covered

charlie-hunnam-king-arthur-1374-06.jpg

• Like 1

And they're trying to make that into a six-film series. :lol:

I read the Crimson Peak script out of curiosity last week. It's good but not scary. They don't even get to CP until like page 45. The first 40 or so pages are spent on Mia's character and her desire to become a respected female writer (think Little Women) while she's being seduced by Loki. The big reveal is not really a surprise. It almost made me wonder if the movie should have been a straight thriller instead of a supernatural one. But the last 20 pages will allow Chastain to really chew up the scenery. 

• Like 1