CJohn

Dora and the Lost City of Gold | August 9, 2019 | Paramount | Live-Action Adaptation | James Bobin directing | Isabela Moner to play Dora

Just now, Jonwo said:

I think if Dora had been younger say 10-12 year old, it would work better. Dora as a teenager doesn't work as well. 

Her being a teen would’ve worked if the movie was meant to be an off the walls insane action movie. Unfortunately, this looks like it might as well have been a made for TV film. 

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

That was the one thing that confused me since it was greenlit. Who is the audience for this? Kids today don't know who Dora is, the teens and young adults who grew up with Dora aren't gonna care. Adults will think this looks silly and cheap. There's like nothing interesting to any demographic.

Reminds me of that Power Rangers movie. It’s not exact, but familiar.

They had a PG13 rating for a franchise geared towards preschoolers. Adults and teens that grew up with the franchise didn’t care. Parents of little kids that watch the show were put off by the PG13 rating, and the school age kids had a bunch of other more appealing super-movies to choose from.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Reminds me of that Power Rangers movie. It’s not exact, but familiar.

They had a PG13 rating for a franchise geared towards preschoolers. Adults and teens that grew up with the franchise didn’t care. Parents of little kids that watch the show were put off by the PG13 rating, and the school age kids had a bunch of other more appealing super-movies to choose from.

Power Rangers definitely doesn’t aim for as young an audience as Dora. Besides, this looks pretty PG, but even that would make it much more “adult” than the show, which was aimed squarely at toddlers. 

Edited by WittyUsername

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Power Rangers definitely doesn’t aim for as young an audience as Dora. Besides, this looks pretty PG. 

Maybe not in America. I remember kids being picked on for watching Power Rangers and we must’ve been around 8 years old.

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

Maybe not in America. I remember kids being picked on for watching Power Rangers and we must’ve been around 8 years old.

I mean, I got over Power Rangers when I was seven, but the show does have action and a sense of danger that you don’t see in a Nick Jr. show. Plus, this may seem silly now, but Power Rangers was actually fairly controversial with parents back in the day. 

Edited by WittyUsername

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

No she’s 17

I guess if you had to be absolutely fair, 17 is legal in New York, which is apparently where Bishop54 lives...

Anyway, I don’t like where this thread is going, so I think I’ll be leaving. 

Edited by WittyUsername

Bumblebee is my ballpark. Given that movie was way different from what the trailers seem to let on. At least this comes across as honest toward its juvenile pursuit.

4 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

She's 18...stop bouncing checks. 

She will be 18 by the time the movie comes out.

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I guess if you had to be absolutely fair, 17 is legal in New York, which is apparently where Bishop54 lives...

Anyway, I don’t like where this thread is going, so i think I’ll be leaving. 

I never said I wanted to sleep with her lol.

2 hours ago, 2kt09 said:

So...who's making that Dora/Sonic/Pika club?

Not me... Although I first wrote about it here.

This Dora thing is so... awful, even the Shay can not troll you, Pika-guys, with that. I'm just gonna pretend this movie doesn't exist.

PS: And she's not even hot. If she was, that would still be something - but no.