Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I am pretty sure Marvel took the Pixar approach. where it is a whole team making a movie. Not just a director/writer. 

Er, not quite.  It's more akin to a television show.  Which many will point out they look like!

6 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Watching Winter Soldier, and the first fight with the WS, Cap stops and says "Bucky?" and WS stops. Nobody had an issue with THAT...

Cause that's HIS name, not his dead mom's name. Also they knew each other and were best friends.

Edited by moviesRus
  • Like 2

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Warner Bros/DC is going for a director driven approach for DC films, it didn't quite work for BvS but I think going forward, it'll be a huge advantage for films like Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman. 

What if Suicide Squad is also rotten?

16 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

All I want to say is, I'm sad to see how all went bonkers just because a movie most were looking forward to got bad reviews.

It spawned a lot of misplaced hatred, and, as Yoda would say --

tumblr_maze3xEDei1rc16xko1_500.gif

That was the fault of everyone involved , I have witnessed critics clearly mocking fans , throwing baits ,trashing a movie even before it was out. You know , even critics have immature people , there are immature Doctors , teachers ..ect  and that does not excuse what some fans did at all. But clearly, there are immature people on all sides.

Hate is always there , and some of it is always misplaced but there is always love too so all is okay :)

Edited by Emerald kikyou
  • Like 2

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Jesus Christ, YES, all the way back to I AM LEGEND and the BvsS Logo in that movie from 1999 no less, so YES, they definitely had it in mind, but lacked the confidence that this Man had to bring it to life:

Confidence doesn't have anything to do with it. Projects fall apart for all sorts of reasons.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Marvel don't get it right all the time. Agents of Shield stumbled out of the gate, it's improved but aside from the Netflix Marvel series, WB/DC has a better track record with television, animation and games, it's just films they have issues with. 

If Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow (despite the problems that show has), and Supergirl were in the same universe as the live-action films, I'd....have a far better opinion of the DC cinematic universe.

• Like 1

Just now, Water Bottle said:

If Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow (despite the problems that show has), and Supergirl were in the same universe as the live-action films, I'd....have a far better opinion of the DC cinematic universe.

Flash and Supergirl couldn't exist in that universe. Could you imagine this Supergirl saying some nihilistic nonsense like "No one stays good in this world"?

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

Confidence doesn't have anything to do with it. Projects fall apart for all sorts of reasons.

Look at long Wonder Woman had been in development at Warner Bros. Sometimes a studio develops something and it doesn't quite work then they abandon it for a few years then pick it up again. Likewise with Jurassic World which was in development for over a decade in various forms. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Christopher Nolan Dark Knight trilogy has more Oscar wins than the whole MCU.  

The Dark Knight trilogy isn't canon in the DC Cinematic Universe so relevance?

29 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Yet you won't put DC over Marvel, despite the Nolan trilogy. And their clear historical history of being superior.

I too enjoyed: Superman 3, Superman 4, Supergirl, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, Steel, Catwoman, Constantine, Superman Returns, Jonah Hex, and Green Lantern.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I think having separate TV and film universes works better for WB/DC, it was really problematic for AoS in season 1. I do want to see a DCEU TV series eventually, The Question or Doom Patrol would be my choice although I would prefer a Doom Patrol film.