Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I'm in on the rate parade.

Deadpool...7/10 on first watch, 9.5/10 on my fourth watch...so totally rewatchable fucking 9.5.

BvS...5/10...yeah

Civil War...9.5/10...need to see it more but kinda love it right now...might go down eventually, but can't see below 9

Xmen Apocalypse...7/10...lots of good stuff, but not great

• Like 1

Deadpool  7.5/10 (Fun movie, great character. Some jokes hit, a lot of the jokes missed.)

Civil War 7.5/10 (Tremendous action sequences. Cameos were cool but felt tacked on. Some of the comedy didn't deliver)

Batman v Superman 6.5/10  (awesome action scenes but very poor editing and pace. Maybe the Director's Cut will fix those issues but probably not)

Let's broaden the discussion a bit: Which do you prefer based on the entire adaptational body of their work thus far? In case you've forgotten some of the more obscure films, here's all of the wide-release theatrical films based on properties from each company...

DC

-Superman and the Mole-Men

-Batman (1966)

-Superman

-Superman II

-Swamp Thing

-Superman III

-Supergirl

-Superman IV: The Quest for Peace

-Batman (1989)

-Batman Returns

-Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

-Batman Forever

-Batman & Robin

-Steel

-Catwoman

-Constantine

-Batman Begins

-V for Vendetta

-Superman Returns

-The Dark Knight

-Watchmen

-The Losers

-Jonah Hex

-Green Lantern

-The Dark Knight Rises

-Man of Steel

-The Lego Movie

-Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Marvel Comics

-Howard the Duck

-Blade

-X-Men

-Blade II

-Spider-Man

-Daredevil

-X2

-Hulk

-The Punisher

-Spider-Man 2

-Blade: Trinity

-Elektra

-Fantastic Four (2005)

-X-Men: The Last Stand

-Ghost Rider

-Spider-Man 3

-Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

-Iron Man

-The Incredible Hulk

-Punisher: War Zone

-X-Men Origins: Wolverine

-Iron Man 2

-Thor

-X-Men: First Class

-Captain America: The First Avenger

-Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

-The Avengers

-The Amazing Spider-Man

-Iron Man 3

-The Wolverine

-Thor: The Dark World

-Captain America: The Winter Soldier

-The Amazing Spider-Man 2

-X-Men: Days of Future Past

-Guardians of the Galaxy

-Big Hero 6

-Avengers: Age of Ultron

-Ant-Man

-Fantastic Four (2015)

-Deadpool

-Captain America: Civil War

-X-Men: Apocalypse

Edited by johnboy3434

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

That can't be a real comparison. Folks at Marvel had very little to do with a lot of those movies.

This isn't about whether Marvel had anything to do with the productions. This is about which group of films adapted from each company's properties is superior on the whole.

Personally, while there are certainly a few gems in the DC list, I think Marvel wins by a landslide.

Edited by johnboy3434

23 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

This thread has brought out the crazies. Time to back away slowly and forget this thing exists.

You say that as though it were a bad thing. Bringing out the crazies is this thread's one job. You wouldn't want some troll posting crap like this to the main Justice League thread, would you:

Spoiler

tumblr_o84bmyGUTL1sulxoyo1_1280.png

:lol:

4 hours ago, Cochofles said:

And yet you have no problem believing that Twitter and Facebook activity/buzz for Marvel films means that the GA wants to see them. Remember when you used social media as one of the reasons to believe that CW would unquestionably open with at least 200 million?

You are such a Marvel hypocrite...

He is borderline on the same level of troll like the weirdos posting on imdb board

53 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

With a lower budget too

what have you heard the budget is. I heard 150-170 million ?

52 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Both.. I'm still not sold on the tracking for this movie and will believe it when I see it.. I think Social Media is propelling that tracking number to make up for how piss poor BvsS did, so they have to get DC back on track and this is a way to do it I suppose...

this post is just borderline trolling. And piss poor BvS. Are you insane ?? It did almost 900 million WW and over 330 million Domestic. If that is piss poor to you then there many movies doing evenway worse than piss poor to you including many of your precious MCU movies and EVERY X-Men movie. Hell BvS is still in top 5 of the biggest gross this year for a movie.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The more I think about Civil War the more I think it might be worse than BvS

not saying I agree or disagree, but I think we would like to hear more about your view here :) 

1 minute ago, 75live said:

hey, I'm in a bad place right now so maybe I just want the doom and gloom to continue :P 

I'll give you my boring take.

I thought Civil War was a solid B, not quite as good as the hype would want you to believe but better than the average Marvel flick. The first hour dragged for me, but I'll say 90% of the time, it was more engaging than BvS was, which was mostly dull and occasionally bad. But hey, another 30 MINUTES will fix EVERYTHING

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I'll give you my boring take.

I thought Civil War was a solid B, not quite as good as the hype would want you to believe but better than the average Marvel flick. The first hour dragged for me, but I'll say 90% of the time, it was more engaging than BvS was, which was mostly dull and occasionally bad. But hey, another 30 MINUTES will fix EVERYTHING

I can understand that take.  I'll know tomorrow about the extra 30 minutes and if it will change the movie or not

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 75live said:

not saying I agree or disagree, but I think we would like to hear more about your view here :) 

I mean they're easily my two least favorite movies of the year so far. But despite BvS being a rather bad movie its chill with me it doesn't make me mad. Civil War on the other hand makes me vehemently angry every time I talk about it. IDK maybe its cause I had expectations for it

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1