Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

13 minutes ago, MrPink said:

That's mean to Agent 13.

She can reunite with her dear dead aunt and share the story of getting to second base with her aunt's former lover. It'll be great. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

:ban:

Anyway...

Markus and McFeely just gave yet another interview on killing off characters.  They think it's lazy way to raise stakes and import consequence.  I agree.

I disagree with that. Heroes take on all types of risk to protect/rescue others. There re mental risks, physical risks..  Civil War was more about psychological warfare. Thanos is a God. Unless he's nerf'd his abilities combined with the infinity stones is more than enough to pose massive physical risks and there's no other way to show how dangerous he is than to drop an Avenger. Also, the stakes should be raised. It's probably the last movie before a soft reboot.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I disagree with that. Heroes take on all types of risk to protect/rescue others. There re mental risks, physical risks..  Civil War was more about psychological warfare. Thanos is a God. Unless he's nerf'd his abilities combined with the infinity stones is more than enough to pose massive physical risks and there's no other way to show how dangerous he is than to drop an Avenger. Also, the stakes should be raised. It's probably the last movie before a soft reboot.

They aren't rebooting.  Feige has said that over and over.   How could they when they're just introducing Captain Marvel, Black Panther etc?

As for dropping an Avenger - well Vision is a given and it's not because of raising stakes but because it's necessary for the plot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

If anyone is going to die I believe it will end up being Hawkeye, they won't kill off any of the other Avengers and if they do it'll just be temporary. 

Kill the least popular Avenger? NowThat would be lazy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

They aren't rebooting.  Feige has said that over and over.   How could they when they're just introducing Captain Marvel, Black Panther etc?

I didn't mean full on reboot. It's going to be necessary once Downey Jr. and Evans are gone. They'll continue on with Spider-Man and some of the current cast of characters but they will have to either recast Cap/IM or maybe plug Falcon in as the new Cap, something like that.  I doubt they wouldn't continue to use the characters.

1 minute ago, Daxtreme said:

Star Wars has shown us that, even if you kill a popular character, if it's done properly people will accept it.

Yes, and since they almost all their main stars' contracts are up, they could pretty much kill Thor, Cap, anyone really. they won't kill RDJ permanent though, he's cash money.

They will def. kill Hawkeye he's the one with the established family and kids so once done right the impact of his death would satisfy the most rapid fans finally calling for someone to bite the bullet in the MCU movies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Star Wars has shown us that, even if you kill a popular character, if it's done properly people will accept it.

Harrison Ford is

1) in his 70s

2) hadn't played the character in over 30 years

3) demanded to be killed off in order to come back and had been begging to be killed since ESB

4) we're getting a Young Indy Han Solo series so he's not even gone as a character

5) we don't know if people will accept a new Indy actor  Han

He was also killed in fucking lame way with almost zero emotion except that driven by nostalgia because they never bothered to show or establish him with his family in any meaningful way or even explain the family dynamics in any depth.  Why show him with Leia for more than a few stiff unsatisfying minutes when when we can show him with the newbies?   Even the aftermath sucked, Chewy his life long friend and partner didn't even get a hug.

:rant:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RandomJC said:

Yes, and since they almost all their main stars' contracts are up, they could pretty much kill Thor, Cap, anyone really. they won't kill RDJ permanent though, he's cash money.

All the characters bring in money to some extent, not just in movie tickets sales but toys, sheets t-shirts etc - they're all valuable to varying degrees.  As of 2014 the Avengers did $1b+ a year in merchandise sales and that number tripled from 2013 to 2014.

They already extended contracts for Avengers 4 and could do so again.  Even when they kill off characters in comics they bring them back so what exactly is the point?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Harrison Ford is

1) in his 70s

2) hadn't played the character in over 30 years

3) demanded to be killed off in order to come back and had been begging to be killed since ESB

4) we're getting a Young Indy series so he's not even gone as a character

5) we don't know if people will accept a new Indy actor

He was also killed in fucking lame way with almost zero emotion except that driven by nostalgia because they never bothered to show or establish him with his family in any meaningful way or even explain the family dynamics in any depth.  Why show him with Leia for more than a few stiff unsatisfying minutes when when we can show him with the newbies?   Even the aftermath sucked, Chewy his life long friend and partner didn't even get a hug.

:rant:

I'm going to disagree on the lack of emotion in his death. Also, Perhaps your point would be better put across if you didn't confuse Han Solo with Indiana Jones.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I'm going to disagree on the lack of emotion in his death. Also, Perhaps your point would be better put across if you didn't confuse Han Solo with Indiana Jones.

Hah!!!   I was just reading an article on Indy #5.   Harrison probably chose the wrong character to want to kill off. B)

Brain fart aside, Han's death still sucked.

Edited by TalismanRing

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Hah!!!   I was just reading an article in Indy #5.   Harrison probably chose the wrong character to want to kill off. B)

Well, Ford has no problem playing Indy again.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

All the characters bring in money to some extent, not just in movie tickets sales but toys, sheets t-shirts etc - they're all valuable to varying degrees.  As of 2014 the Avengers did $1b+ a year in merchandise sales and that number tripled from 2013 to 2014.

They already extended contracts for Avengers 4 and could do so again.  Even when they kill off characters in comics they bring them back so what exactly is the point?

Because some actors will get too old to play the part believably anymore, and killing them off to resurrect them provides an in built excuse why Captain America doesn't look like Chris Evans anymore, and you get the punch of actually killing an actor.

• Like 1