Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Only 3?                                                                                                                                    

I saw Spider-Man 3, 3 times in theaters.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

• Community Manager
5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

But most of all, don't remind a Star Wars fan that Star Wars was always envisionned by George Lucas as movies for little kids (hence the Ewoks & Jar Jar Binks) and that Marvel & Stan Lee were trying to reach an older audience , teenage kids.

Trust me, Marvel & Stan Lee were trying to reach little kids as well especially with their early comics. :)

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Star Wars fans are funny, there are a bit like the PC Master Race of the franchise Game.

They really believe the World was made like this by God :

There IS STAR WARS !!! Awesome ! Lightsabers !!! Swoosh !! Vader !!!!!!!!

& the Rest.

Give them Lightsabers, Ben Burtt's amazing sound design, A John Williams cue & fanfare, cute little robots, the Force, an opening crawl, stormtroopers, the Millennium Falcon & they will giggle like a Taylor Swift fan watching  a trailer that features any of these elements.

They are often condescending towards superhero movies, they often bitch about them, always reducing Superhero movies fans as "fanboys", making fun (sometimes worse) of how the Marvel vs DC war is childish and stupid and boring and lame but make no mistake, dare to criticize Star Wars with strong and valid arguments and they will get as defensive & insecure as your average Batman or Iron Man fan.

Star Wars' fans even use arguments to criticize superhero movies that are also valid with Star Wars but they aren't self-aware enough to realize it.

The love Star Wars' fans feel for this universe is as immature, irrationnal, human, pure & childish as Superheroes fans feel for DC and Marvel or any other franchise or universe.

Don't ever say that Star Wars scores almost all the boxes of the YA genre (young teens with hearts of gold rebel against an oppresive regime ...wait, Katniss is force sensitive ?) or that Jedis are technically superheroes at their core with their abilities and funny clothes or worse, dare to imply Force Awakens is a quasi remake of A New Hope and be labelled as a troll by a BOT's Admin.

But most of all, don't remind a Star Wars fan that Star Wars was always envisionned by George Lucas as movies for little kids (hence the Ewoks & Jar Jar Binks) and that Marvel & Stan Lee were trying to reach an older audience , teenage kids.

To make a long story short, yes, Star Wars fans are funny, I love them.

:)

Disclaimer : I am a huge Star Wars fan, like everybody else, and the Ewoks are freaking awesome ! Yub Nub !

The Prequels have plenty of terrific things in them.

I think there are too many fans to lump star wars fans into one category, there are so many, and different levels of them, like the OT and nothing else, who seem to never be pleased with anything, the PT fans who hated TFA because it shunned the PT, The OT fans, who hated TFA and decided the TP were good after watching it. The ones who love everything SW because there are possessed. The ones who love most the movies, but see their flaws and love them for what they are for what they are. The newbie ones, who say they love Star Wars but only have seen TFA and maybe one other one. The mother's basement fans. The white collar mans, the casual fans, the sexist fans, the Han shot first fans. see the list just goes on and on. 

Also the reason the DC vs Marvel is stupid is becuase star wars exists.

(but Marvel movies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DC movies... DC comics are better though :ph34r: (except for maybe Daredevil)).

• Like 1

It's still rather early, but I prefer MOS, SS, and BVS to the average MCU movie. I thought the Thor, IM 2 and 3, Cap (First 1), AOU were all below average.

I prefer 80's Marvel comics over a lot of DC, but overall, DC does have better comics. If you count Vertigo, it's a stomp in DC's favor.

Edited by lupinw45
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, robertman2 said:

Only 3?                                                                                                                                    

5 times here.

The last movie i watched multiple times at the cinema was the first pirate of the caribbean's (3 times at the cinema)

7 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Wow!  Are you ok?   No brain damage, twitching, reoccurring nausea, headaches, fever, twisted spine, or urges to pee on electric fences?

Side effects include questionable movie taste. I can live with it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I honestly don't get the hate for SM3. People act like it's a bad movie when really it's not. It's just not as good as SM or SM2.

I hated it with a fiery passion.   Too many villains, wasting both Sandman and Venom.    Admittedly, ASM2 allowed me to admit someone could make an even worse Spidey movie.   You might actually be right that it felt worse because of the two great movies it followed.   Maybe I should watch it again now that Andrew Garfield and his neck have lowered my standards.

14 hours ago, lupinw45 said:

It's still rather early, but I prefer MOS, SS, and BVS to the average MCU movie. I thought the Thor, IM 2 and 3, Cap (First 1), AOU were all below average.

I prefer 80's Marvel comics over a lot of DC, but overall, DC does have better comics. If you count Vertigo, it's a stomp in DC's favor.

i agree. DCEU has more heart imo. There is more adult themes in them. They are basically dramas with Superheroes and action in them. While Marvel is just popcorn movies nothing more so. Star Wars >>>>>DCEU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marvel

Edited by mredman
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, mredman said:

Ozymandias has been hating on DCEU all over the net. If you want to see pathetic then look at what he posts around the net.

Considering Ozymandias is the name of a character from Watchmen, something tells me it's either 1. Someone who coincidentally has the same name as him and is a fan of Watchmen or 2. It is him and you're overreacting about these posts.

• Like 1