Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

14 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Btw like this post if you are going to watch the Luke Cage series starting tonight! :shades:

I want to watch this and Jessica Jones but first I have to finish first season of Daredevil but that show is awful, don't know if I can :unsure:

I took quite a while to think about the similarity between this thread and the video. May we all set aside the hatred and vitriol and enjoy what we have and appreciate the greatness of the two franchises. We don't need to make it a zero-sum game. May peace be upon us all. Even the girl in the pool knew that "This is supposed to be fun."  And, by "fun", it is definitely not about pissing contests and shit-slinging. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I want to watch this and Jessica Jones but first I have to finish first season of Daredevil but that show is awful, don't know if I can :unsure:

Season 1 or Season 2? Because I really liked season 1, but I can see where someone may not like it. However, season 2 was just spectacular.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

We were discussing this in the CCT yesterday but season 2 of Daredevil is traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaash.

I am really surprised that you think that. It was the best depiction of the Punisher that I have seen on the big or small screen. And Vincent D'onofrio's KingPin continued to be absolutely brilliant.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I am really surprised that you think that. It was the best depiction of the Punisher that I have seen on the big or small screen. And Vincent D'onofrio's KingPin continued to be absolutely brilliant.

The season had no main villain and awful conclusions.

• Like 1

The great thing about the Marvel Netflix Universe is that it has some amazing casting. On occasion the character beats are one-note, but the actors they choose can generally hit that note every single time, so it makes for some very enjoyable TV. Plus, they seem quite willing to tackle some topics that you wouldn't expect from a superhero property.

The downside is that their plotting and pacing leave a fair bit to be desired. Daredevil has two straight seasons that started strongly and then hit a meandering middle that took the wind out of the sails, such that the endings don't happen at the right point. Jessica Jones is better, mostly because it's arrow-focused on being about a character arc, but even so there were a handful of episodes that were filler. If they cut down each season to 8 or 10 episodes, instead of thirteen, it would improve things dramatically, IMO.

Also, with DD season 1, we had a strong exploration of two character dynamics, with Matt discovering how to be a hero and Fisk seeing what lengths he'd be driven to. The second season... lost that, and even with the strong Punisher character, and a good plotline for Foggy and Karen, it didn't have anything to really hold the show together. Everything with The Hand felt intrusive and eventually boring, such that it's difficult to care what happens to Electra, even if Elodie Yung is great in the role. I worry that Jessica Jones season 2 is going to run into the same problem, because her story is largely one about coming to terms of what happened to her and then taking action against Killgrave because of it. Where can it go that doesn't feel like a weak afterthought. (In the comics, it's notable that she hasn't really had anything major to do except have a baby since the conclusion of Alias.

I haven't had a chance to check out Luke Cage, and my hopes are high, but I also expect that it's going to start off very strong and then lose its way a bit, just based on past MNU history.

(The other problem with the MNU besides pacing is the one that plagues all non-movie parts of the MCU: while they take place in the same universe as the movies, the movies do not take place in the same universe as them. So at this point I just choose to believe the Netflix shows aren't connected to the movies at all.)

• Like 2

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

(The other problem with the MNU besides pacing is the one that plagues all non-movie parts of the MCU: while they take place in the same universe as the movies, the movies do not take place in the same universe as them. So at this point I just choose to believe the Netflix shows aren't connected to the movies at all.)

Good luck ignoring the rest of the MCU with Luke Cage.

• Like 2

• Community Manager

WB makes the Big Bang Theory which airs on CBS.

That's why the Big Bang Theory generally tends to show DC comics and reference DC characters more (remember WB and DC are owned by Time Warner).

Tonight a punch line on the Big Bang Theory Sheldon asks Flash in what I assume is a dream:

"How do you stay in business?"

The Flash replies:

"You want to know my secret? I bought stock in Marvel"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Like 7

On 10/4/2016 at 0:14 AM, Water Bottle said:

WB makes the Big Bang Theory which airs on CBS.

That's why the Big Bang Theory generally tends to show DC comics and reference DC characters more (remember WB and DC are owned by Time Warner).

Tonight a punch line on the Big Bang Theory Sheldon asks Flash in what I assume is a dream:

"How do you stay in business?"

The Flash replies:

"You want to know my secret? I bought stock in Marvel"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I loved DD S2, not registering the complaints on my radar. 

I just rewatched DD S1 last week, plan on doing DD S2 later, after I've gotten to Luke Cage.

I doubt my opinion will change but shall try to find these faults that the recent posts seem to indicate. I don't recall these complaints in the weeks/months upon it's initial release. 

Almost feels like a made up issue that it's all crap after ep.4

• Like 3

Marvel is bland, right ?

Marvel takes no risks ?

Marvel formula, yaddi, yadda ?

Marvel has no grit ?

Disney is doing movie for kids ?

Well, the Dark Knights & the Deadpools and the Pseudo R rated movies and the Basic AMPAS movies for mass consumption of the world can suck it.

Deep.

Guardians of the Galaxy tops list of deadliest films with 83,871 fatalities

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/oct/04/guardians-of-the-galaxy-deadliest-film-83871-deaths-jrr-tolkien

BOOM !

Don't feel sad, dudebros.

Kevin will be always a step ahead of you.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Marvel is bland, right ?

Marvel takes no risks ?

Marvel formula, yaddi, yadda ?

Marvel has no grit ?

Disney is doing movie for kids ?

Well, the Dark Knights & the Deadpools and the Pseudo R rated movies and the Basic AMPAS movies for mass consumption of the world can suck it.

Deep.

Guardians of the Galaxy tops list of deadliest films with 83,871 fatalities

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/oct/04/guardians-of-the-galaxy-deadliest-film-83871-deaths-jrr-tolkien

BOOM !

Don't feel sad, dudebros.

Kevin will be always a step ahead of you.

They seem to have missed the billions that died on Alderaan.

• Like 1