Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

After this JL debacle Disney should move Han Solo from May to December. It's clearly obvious Aquaman will be 0 threat to it.

Nah, Disney has next December reserved for Mary Poppins Returns.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Nah, Disney has next December reserved for Mary Poppins Returns.

Eh. I don't think that's going to be anywhere as huge as a SW movie. They can probably swap places with that and Han Solo. Besides Disney has locked down December for SW movies for the last 3 movies (TLJ included) so it feels more like an event in December to be watching a SW movie rather than another (most likely) shitty DCeU comic book movie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Eh. I don't think that's going to be anywhere as huge as a SW movie. They can probably swap places with that and Han Solo. Besides Disney has locked down December for SW movies for the last 3 movies (TLJ included) so it feels more like an event in December to be watching a SW movie rather than another (most likely) shitty DCeU comic book movie.

You never change, do you?

JK Rowling sucks at world building! She should have stuck to Europe (UK) because it's obvious she doesn't know anything about North/South America! She gave the Brazilian school, Mayan architecture for crying out loud! I dread to see what she does with Asia and Africa...

Just my two cents. Also, who asked for a Han Solo film? 

On 11/13/2017 at 11:58 PM, Ozymandias said:

Who cares about this petty Marvel vs. DC stuff.   Muh capes and sky beams are better than yooooors

The Silmarillion was basically green-lit by Amazon/The Tolkien Estate.  Middle Earth has the trilogy to rule them all and will soon have the TV series to rule them all.

Wait - what?! Really?! I missed the news?!

12 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Wait - what?! Really?! I missed the news?!

No. Nowhere does it say that amazon will be adapting Silmarillion (as much as I would love that). Thats highly unlikely. What is being reported is that the series will be set at some point before The Fellowship of the Ring and probably based on the appendixes in LoTR book which are no where near in timeline to the stuff in Silmarillion

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

No. Nowhere does it say that amazon will be adapting Silmarillion (as much as I would love that). Thats highly unlikely. What is being reported is that the series will be set at some point before The Fellowship of the Ring and probably based on the appendixes in LoTR book which are no where near in timeline to the stuff in Silmarillion

Technically, that is not exactly true. The appendixes talk in detail about the age after the Numenoreans settle in ME and found Gondor. The last part of Silmarillion talks about the exact same thing, with some additional stuff that happens in LOTR. Yes, the first age is a Silmarillion exclusive. And even that isn't 100% accurate since in the appendix it's presented the story of the first age in a few pages. 

Edited by James

I don't know if this has been posted before, the article is a month old but I just came across it.

Seems the software used to create some of those great Marvel/Disney CGI was illegal and the copyright owner is claiming rights to the characters created by it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/hollywood-confronts-a-copyright-argument-potential-mass-disruption-1049516

2 minutes ago, James said:

Technically, that is not exactly true. The appendix talk in detail about the age after the Numenoreans settle in ME and found Gondor. The last part of Silmarillion talk about the exact same thing, with some additional stuff that happens in LOTR. Yes, the first age is a Silmarillion exclusive. And even that isn't 100% accurate since in the appendix it's presented the story of the first age in a few pages. 

Maybe I worded it wrong and should make it clearer. As its being reported the series will be set at some point before FoTR. The events preceding FoTR as mentioned in the appendices are no where near Silmarillion in the time line. And generally when people talk about the Silmarillion, adapting it and stuff, they usually mean the first age. All the things mentioned about the second age and the stuff after the fall of Numenor (basically after Akallabeth) is a very very short portion of Silmarillion, an epilogue of sorts. And the stuff in the appendices from before the second age is basically a 3-4 page summary. 

• Like 2

My favourite film of the current DCEU by far is Wonder Woman.  I actually enjoyed JL and would put it comfortably at #2 ahead of MoS.  Maybe my enjoyment of JL is coloured by the fact I had fairly low expectations.  JL still had a mediocre CGI villian which has been done to death.  However, the characters all came together well in this and worked great together.

However, as this is now effectively the end of "Phase 1" of the DCEU it's pretty cleat that WB fucked up and got the whole thing ass backwards.

Marvel was right.  You start with individual character films and then bring them together in a big Justice League.

They should have gone something like this.

Man of Steel

Batman

Wonder Woman

The Flash

Aquaman

Man of Steel 2

Justice League

Some of the stand alone films could have been combo films with Cyborg or the Green Arrow thrown in.

• Like 5

I am glad JL is not doing well.

It's not because I am team marvel as I enjoyed Nolans Batman films the most.

It's just that the people that continue to support comic book film abominations like Batman vs Superman and Sucide Squad can shut the hell up...its now clear the audience has spoken that those films sucked.

We can move past these films and quality Dc films now.

• Like 3