Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, Warmaster506 said:

The JL performance is a shit show.   BP will outperform JL big time.  The black audience is going to go crazy for it and the liberal media will push it to no end. 

Do you REALLY want to go there????

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Is there an MCU post-RDJ as Iron Man ?

That s the 4B$ question right now in the Hills.

Yes but not to the heights of The Avengers or Ultron I would think. But Marvel already has the Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man and if they do well Black Panther, Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain Marvel ready to go post-Avengers 4. 

Not to mention they could always do another Thor or Captain America film if they wanted to though it's definitely not needed for the MCU to continue to do well. 

Eek, this does not make good reading for DCEU fans. DCEU could become the WWEU.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/could-wb-pivot-away-from-the-core-justice-league-characters-to-focus-on-the-wonder-woman-universe-a155457

There's all sorts of scuttlebutt about the way forward for DC post-League: that Whedon's Batgirl is...unthinkable at this point; that they'll now turn the whole thing over to James Wan if Aquaman goes well; that they might just make it a Wonder Woman universe. There are wheels within wheels within wheels in every turn of the Warners studio this week and we'll see where it all lands soon enough. Or more likely, not soon enough."

You can read the ANkler report on which the article is based here

http://mailchi.mp/theankler/the-ankler-preview-just-desserts-nov-16-2017?e=7b82bc3967

16 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

It's the truth.  I've never been politically correct. 

It’s a box office forum isn’t it? The black audience is a key driver of the success of numerous surprisingly hit movies like Get Out and even the Madea movies. There’s a very large and I think somewhat underserved demographic there and seeing the new Black Panther trailer, yeah, I think that will be a substantial part of its eventual success. There’s nothing wrong with that at all, it’s great for a universe as big as the MCU to have a little something for everyone. After all not every hero needs to be another white dude :P 

Black Panther looks really fun too, I’m super excited for the film. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

It’s a box office forum isn’t it? The black audience is a key driver of the success of numerous surprisingly hit movies like Get Out and even the Madea movies. There’s a very large and I think somewhat underserved demographic there and seeing the new Black Panther trailer, yeah, I think that will be a substantial part of its eventual success. There’s nothing wrong with that at all, it’s great for a universe as big as the MCU to have a little something for everyone. After all not every hero needs to be another white dude :P 

Black Panther looks really fun too, I’m super excited for the film. 

In the US yes, OS...its going to struggle.

Get out made $178m in the US and $77m OS.

4 minutes ago, AndyK said:

In the US yes, OS...its going to struggle.

Get out made $178m in the US and $77m OS.

No disagreement there, but I would hope and think that the action and marketing they do will help fuel it to solid success overseas. It won’t be a huge movie I’m sure but I think it’ll be well received.

6 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

No disagreement there, but I would hope and think that the action and marketing they do will help fuel it to solid success overseas. It won’t be a huge movie I’m sure but I think it’ll be well received.

It'll be fine OS. It might not do as well as Doctor Strange but $300M+ is a safe bet. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1