Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

They still do that.  Good luck trying to find Cinderella, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, Jungle Book, Little Mermaid, and Aladdin.

I haven't bought movies physically in a while, but I remember as a kid being very stressed out over this lol

18 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Disney does really weird shit with home video, remember when they used to retire movies into their "vault" and just refuse to sell it anymore? 

Has been a very successful strategy for them, to manufacture made up rarity, they achieve to sell their classics at very high price, there is a general cost to ever be in a discount bin.

3 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

Hahaha this is a joke right?! My girlfriend just bought BVS on Blu-ray for $3.99!!! They are giving this fucking movie away. I wouldn’t fall back on the “people bought it on home video” argument when it has consistently been massively discounted!! I got my 4K copy long ago for just $9.99, the cheapest 4K movie I’ve ever bought.

PS: My GFs copy is a gift for someone for later - apparently she expects to hate someone enough to “gift” them this movie. May as well go take a dump on their doorstep instead, would feel about the same. Lol just joking :P

It's not a joke at all. Disney blu-ray's and DVD's suck for the most part. The fact you can buy movies like BvS on the cheap is irrelevant (which is another shitty thing about Disney blu-ray's: The price).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sand-omJC said:

The fuck is with that Spider-Man looking mother-fucker in the corner?

Hide contents

I don't actually care, just felt like pointing out he looks like Spider-Man.

I was wondering that too.   Who is that?   Is there a crossover we don't know about?   Sony is pretty sneaky.

For a long time I couldn’t get Civil War at a reasonable price on BLU Ray. It was always AUD45 and I wasn’t paying that even with one of JB Hi Fi’s 20% off weekends. I finally got it for $18.38 a couple of weeks ago. 

I had a $20 voucher and I picked up the UE of BvS and SS in a 2 for $20 deal. 

I still remember everything about the day this trailer was released:

For 8 months I couldn't think of anything else. This movie was all that was on my mind all day. And BVS was everything I dreamed and more. I think I'll never have this experience again, it was magical.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

“Cult Status”?!?!?!?!!!!! They must snort the finest of cocaine over in Hollywood

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

For 8 months I couldn't think of anything else. This movie was all that was on my mind all day. And BVS was everything I dreamed and more. I think I'll never have this experience again, it was magical.

Just watched this last night and I have to admit it's growing on me. There are still story/pacing/editing issues for sure, and I still have a problem with them making this movie so early on in the process, but I can't say I don't like many aspects of this movie.

From the very first time I reviewed BvS after I saw it opening night, I've always said this movie is a collection of a lot of great parts, but just not executed well at all.

And with that post, I'm off here for a little while until the issues are fixed. I don't know about the rest of you but posting is an absolute headache.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, iHeartJames said:

Yeah He lost me at cult status lol I cant see anyone watching this in a few years and saying "wow this actually is a great movie"

I think the won an Oscar part is funnier. :lol:

It won Make-Up for FFS and even then it had no business winning over Star Trek Beyond.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJG said:

“Cult Status”?!?!?!?!!!!! They must snort the finest of cocaine over in Hollywood

From is point of view too, the guy has been making movies and probably never seen something like that surrounding a movie, DC Fans look extremely intense and actives with those properties, the amount of content the movie generated online, people getting in movies characters for Halloween, I could see someone close to it being overwhelmed and feeling it will leave some form of mark on the pop-culture.

15 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Disney does really weird shit with home video, remember when they used to retire movies into their "vault" and just refuse to sell it anymore? 

I don't like the vault strategy or Disney's seldom discounting their DVDs/Blu Rays,but I can't deny both have been a very successful strategy for them.

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I don't care if it's the greatest film every made, to become this obsessive about a film is, well, it's not good for you emotionally.

• Like 1