Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, pepsa said:

IW came so close, so close we almost made it IW OW over JL TOT, with out china and russia :( 

Not every milestone is easily achievable. 

Gotta give it to DC for this one. They set the goal bar too high

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Great;here come the anime snobs....

For hyper gonadal material aimed at teens anime is better than Marvel films I have to say. I won't talk down the original comics though as I haven't read any (neither have most "fans")

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, AJG said:

I thought you were just joking before but now I realise that you truly are a James Cameron fanatic.... 

20 hours ago, AJG said:

I thought you were just joking before but now I realise that you truly are a James Cameron fanatic.... 

And he proved my point:The pseudo science in Avatar is just as far put  as the pseudo science in Avatar.

In fact I might argue that the micholodiran concept in Star Wars, as silly as it is, has more roots in real science then some of the stuff in Avatar.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

And he proved my point:The pseudo science in Avatar is just as far put  as the pseudo science in Avatar.

In fact I might argue that the micholodiran concept in Star Wars, as silly as it is, has more roots in real science then some of the stuff in Avatar.

Dulap you're actually a troll aren't you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

For hyper gonadal material aimed at teens anime is better than Marvel films I have to say. I won't talk down the original comics though as I haven't read any (neither have most "fans")

Jup, IMO manga/anime are so much better than comic books. It's a pity Hollywood can't seem to get them right.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jessie said:

Not even 100m? You are just highlighting the fact that you dont know what you are talking about.  It will not be leggy like the first movie, it is more likely to open to 200m than it is to miss 100m, and will outgross every star wars and marvel movie with ease thanks to china

Was referring to DOM OW not overall. I'm not sure Avatar 2 could hit 100 OW DOM when a lot of other big characters couldn't. Camerons name isn't enough to sell it and 3D is a format that was near pushed to it's limits with Gravity. Ready Player One didn't get near 100M OW and that was Spielberg returning to his blockbuster form after all these years.

But it's all going to depend on the first trailers and how well they are received and how many views they get.

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I really hope Cameron doesn't think Avatar is as thought provoking as something like Annihilation or Arrival. It's not even close.

Edited by somebody85

9 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I really hope Cameron doesn't think Avatar is as thought provoking as something like Annihilation or Arrival. It's not even close.

give me a break... annihilation? Christ

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Anniahliation ,despite it's flaws, is the kind of daring,film that takes chances that Cameron never seems to  make.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don’t usually agree with you, though I love pre-titanic Cameron, but here you are spot on. I mean fucking annihilation ....give me a break , that was trash. If this is considered provocative then I am at a loss of words....

• Haha 1

Let's talk about Star Wars fatigue instead of Superheroes fatigue or the non-impact of Avatar.

I have a very bad feeling about the Solo solo movie. The days of Star Wars as the biggest cultural icon are already over. Marvel is the only King. 

Edited by WeneedtotalkaboutKevin
e
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I don’t usually agree with you, though I love pre-titanic Cameron, but here you are spot on. I mean fucking annihilation ....give me a break , that was trash. If this is considered provocative then I am at a loss of words....

eh I'm in the middle ground on that one. Liked it, but its basically STALKER-lite. 

Though the bear scene was....wow. 

5 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Agreed, it was "babies first Stalker"

As RRA said the bear scene was cool though.