Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Thanks to the Marvel movies which she starred in the most which kept her in the spotlight and not that other one which was released almost a decade ago. Congrats.

Zoe was in lots of movies, including Star Trek, Pirates of the Caribbean, and many non scifi/fantasy movies. Not that it really matters, correct me if I'm wrong, but word on the street is that these walk of fame stars are bought by stars and/or their agents..

• Like 1

So, I just want to leave something here that might have been obvious for sometime but only recently struck me. It's impossible to talk about Justice League in a Avengers thread without being a troll. You simply can't do it. The difference in quality is so astronomical that the basic fact of comparing both works is offensive and obnoxious, you can't put Justice League and Infinity War in the same sentence without creating understones of troll-ness and dishonesty. It really is quite sad in some ways. Of course, this has to do with more than the two movies. Youhave to consider the whole context of the two cinematic universes.

1 hour ago, McNerdy said:

Zoe was in lots of movies, including Star Trek, Pirates of the Caribbean, and many non scifi/fantasy movies. Not that it really matters, correct me if I'm wrong, but word on the street is that these walk of fame stars are bought by stars and/or their agents..

Well Studios mostly to promote upcoming movies and Zoe has a new movie out now.

1 hour ago, SofNascimento said:

So, I just want to leave something here that might have been obvious for sometime but only recently struck me. It's impossible to talk about Justice League in a Avengers thread without being a troll. You simply can't do it. The difference in quality is so astronomical that the basic fact of comparing both works is offensive and obnoxious, you can't put Justice League and Infinity War in the same sentence without creating understones of troll-ness and dishonesty. It really is quite sad in some ways. Of course, this has to do with more than the two movies. Youhave to consider the whole context of the two cinematic universes.

A fair more comp for JL would be the first (and probably still best) Avengers.

Your point would still stand 

2 minutes ago, RRA said:

A fair more comp for JL would be the first (and probably still best) Avengers.

Your point would still stand 

The first Avengers which is considered one of the best SH movie of all time and still stands as the highest grossing SH movie of all time? 

Nah the closest you can get is AoU and even with that there is a world of difference. 

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

The first Avengers which is considered one of the best SH movie of all time and still stands as the highest grossing SH movie of all time? 

Nah the closest you can get is AoU and even with that there is a world of difference. 

I meant only in terms of movie universes cranking out a few movies before their first team up movie, both which coincidentally involve plots about fighting off a cosmic alien invader who’s actually a lackey for a much more powerful mastermind.

As for quality, that’s another whole thing. Avengers is one of the great summer blockbusters of this decade. The other....exists.

Edited by RRA

Just now, RRA said:

I meant only in terms of movie universes cranking out a few movies before their first team up movie, both which coincidentally involve plots about fighting off a cosmic alien invader who’s actually a lackey for a much more powerful mastermind.

Avengers is one of the great summer blockbusters of this decade. The other....exists.

Ah gotcha, makes sense now

7 minutes ago, RRA said:

As for quality, that’s another whole thing. Avengers is one of the great summer blockbusters of this decade. The other....exists.

And the plot device involves a CUBE.

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

If IW hits 700 DOM, I wonder when a pair of consecutive 700+ gorssers from the same franchise will be replicated? That feat could stand for awhile. 

It's funny when people think up these cute little scenarios their franchises look cool but they can be refuted with one word.

That word? Avatar

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

It's funny when people think up these cute little scenarios their franchises look cool but they can be refuted with one word.

That word? Avatar

I dare you to

not mention Avatar, JC or talking about those two for a week.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

That word? Avatar

Even you know it's a stretch to say the Avatar sequels will go 700+ DOM each. A whole lot has to go right for that. 

39 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

On a box office theory forum?

What would be the point in that?

Because you would easily lose that bet? And you know Uncle Jim has no time for losers. He does respect people for taking big mammoth challenges and crushing it though.

19 minutes ago, RRA said:

Because you would easily lose that bet? And you know Uncle Jim has no time for losers. He does respect people for taking big mammoth challenges and crushing it though.

It'd be like betting with Jim not to make the highest grossing movie of all time though - it just doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

76 characters.

Over 50 years of source material.

18 movies.

Building hype for 10 years.

And...

*drum roll*

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

100's of billions in Toy Sales

Most beloved global franchise in history

38 years of hype and movies

Bring most well known characters in Hollywood history back after 30 years

Biggest marketing campaign a film has ever seen

And...

*drum roll*

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

List you favorite "STILL CAN"T BEAT AVATAR" factors now!

Make an iron man trilogy, combine their gross

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

Make a batman trilogy, combine their gross

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

Take the phenomenon that is Black Panther, double it's gross.

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

• Haha 2