Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

James Camerons filmography is pretty top heavy, Avatar and Titanic made a combined total of 1.4~bill domestic but the average of the 7 movies he directed (not counting the 2 IMAX releases is 'only 280mil dom. WW is a still impressive 872mil but IW 'only' needs to gross about 550mil more to get there.

10 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

James Camerons filmography is pretty top heavy, Avatar and Titanic made a combined total of 1.4~bill domestic but the average of the 7 movies he directed (not counting the 2 IMAX releases is 'only 280mil dom. WW is a still impressive 872mil but IW 'only' needs to gross about 550mil more to get there.

They were all very successful except for The Abyss which broke even.

Also T2 and True Lies made a hell of a lot of money for their times, T2 actually was the first film ever to make over $300m overseas.

Jim was noted saying that The Abyss's love story wasn't cliche enough.

Lets not forget The Terminator made crazy profit due to it's tiny $6m budget

Edited by IronJimbo

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Make an iron man trilogy, combine their gross

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

Make a batman trilogy, combine their gross

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

Take the phenomenon that is Black Panther, double it's gross.

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

I'm laughing. Jim is a monster.

When they're not busy saving the universe, it turns out the original Avengers are getting matching tattoos.

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/robert-downey-jr-reveals-avengers-cast-got-matching-tattoos-20180508-p4zdzh.html

And the DCEU actors just get tattoos from Margot Robbie.

(There's what might be deemed minor IW spoilers in that article)

10 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'm laughing. Jim is a monster.

Oh sure, just ask him about superhero movies. He proves his current cultural relevance with his answers. 

14 hours ago, RandomCat said:

And here I am, realizing no one is talking about the latest installment of the best movie franchise ever, or I love it too much to see it as anything less, Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell.

I love you. 

Haven't seen that entry yet though. 

2 hours ago, RRA said:

Oh sure, just ask him about superhero movies. He proves his current cultural relevance with his answers. 

I love you. 

Haven't seen that entry yet though. 

Good job we're not on the cultural relativity forums then isn't it. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Make an iron man trilogy, combine their gross

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

Make a batman trilogy, combine their gross

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

Take the phenomenon that is Black Panther, double it's gross.

STILL CAN'T BEAT AVATAR

Make an Avengers Trilogy, combine Their Gross

Outdone Avatar by 1B+

selective comparison at it's best I might say

If Avatar in 10 years is still the highest grossing movie it will be know as the "Big 3D movie that made a lot of money"

2 minutes ago, NGGKroze said:

Outdone Avatar by 1B+

If Avatar in 10 years is still the highest grossing movie it will be know as the "Big 3D movie that made a lot of money"

only by $1b lol

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, NGGKroze said:

Outdone Avatar by 1B+

Yeah it takes combining 6 different franchises (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, GOTG, Spider-Man) to beat 1 Avatar. You just proved their point.

:Venom:

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Yeah it takes combining 6 different franchises (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, GOTG, Spider-Man) to beat 1 Avatar. You just proved their point.

:Venom:

My point was never to prove them wrong. Avatar is at the top of BO. The point was that we can do selective comparisons so Avatar can look even bigger.

The other point that stands still , which Jumbo ignored is that Avatar is still and will be "Big 3D movie that made a lot of money" and nothing more

5 minutes ago, NGGKroze said:

My point was never to prove them wrong. Avatar is at the top of BO. The point was that we can do selective comparisons so Avatar can look even bigger.

The other point that stands still , which Jumbo ignored is that Avatar is still and will be "Big 3D movie that made a lot of money" and nothing more

Best cinema experience of the century and nothing more!

• Like 2

@aabattery

Come on this is getting ridiculous. Cameron-related discussion now contributes (over) half of the total activities in this thread. And it sure looks like it will be that way till Avatar 2 release.  And yet it only counts as "etc." in the thread title?

You want fanboy wars? How about honoring the biggest fanboy on this site IronJimbo, by adding Cameron to the thread title.

Edited by vc2002
  • Thanks 1