Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Mission Impossible >>>>> all

Have there been any good action movies that weren't a subset of another genre since Fury Road? Most have been subsets of superhero movies but beyond those.....

36 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Have there been any good action movies that weren't a subset of another genre since Fury Road? Most have been subsets of superhero movies but beyond those.....

Misssion impossible & Bond are often thriller / spy movie also.....

For good mainstream american movie (I imagine Asian cinema was full of them)

Baby Driver ?

Except for that one looking on that list:

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?title_type=feature&release_date=2016-01-01,&genres=action&sort=boxoffice_gross_us,desc&page=1&ref_=adv_prv

Force Awaken maybe, Soldano and Hardcore Henry had interesting element to them.

14 hours ago, eddyxx said:

sick fuck

More proof that the Snyder fans are members of a crazy cult........

Don't forget the death threats made against critics who dared to give bad reviews to BvS....

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

More proof that the Snyder fans are members of a crazy cult........

Don't forget the death threats made against critics who dared to give bad reviews to BvS....

They don't have satire on your home planet? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, StevenG said:

I don't get this. Who owns the Avatar world and characters? I thought James C did.

Is Disney also going to own the Avatar mythos??

:gold:

Why, James, why??? :wintf:

Whatever contracts Cameron has with Fox will automatically transfer over to Disney if the deal happens.

Cameron owns the IP, but Disney will be paying for the films and had distribution,and that gives them a lot of clout.

What it amounts to is that Cameron owns the charecters and mythos, but Disney will own the films because they paid for them.

Only way for Cameron it 100% own the films is if he pays for them, and ,as successful as he is, there is no way he can finance his own films ,particularly given his fondness for spening huge amount of money.

His Personal wealth is 700 Million.. which is not nearly enough to pay for all the projects he wants to do.

It's a little bit like an artist selling a painting. It'shis works and creation, but once he cashes the check the paiting belongs to somebody else.

17 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Fanboy lost in fanboy wars, doesn't understand satire... :wintf:

Oh I get satire, but the scary thing is I am not convinced it's satire. I have seen just as insane coming from fanboys.

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Jones probably is directing a DC movie next given his spotty recent track record.

"A pretty special one."

Hmm it's just pretty special rather than fully special... will it be a household name or a B tier superhero like man-ant or the bee

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

"A pretty special one."

Hmm it's just pretty special rather than fully special... will it be a household name or a B tier superhero like man-ant or the bee

Maybe it's the Spawn reboot. 

1 hour ago, Quake said:

Yeah because Wan, Jenkins, Reeves and Sandberg all had recent spotty track record. 

I was referring more recently to their latest director hiring in Ava DuVernay with her latest film being a critical disaster and soon after she was hired for New Gods. Also not to mention all the issues they've had in the past with Snyder and Ayer on SS.