Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

In my experience users that need to imply certain abilities per their user-name usually do not have those abilities. Buff is a mild form of it, also implying the movies he/she talks about are the ones that matter... Double-outch :rolleyes:

That one shows already about having no idea how the movie business works since there is a movie business. The wording shows even more, loke bias

It's a bit like if a user calls himself e.g. general,... they tend to be a bit narrow-minded and full of themselves, tend to interpret ppl who try to show reason or.... as weak persons or worse (there were some really ugly people at e.g. IMDb then, something superior, military titles,.... every one of them I encountered behaved in a way that I'd describe as disgusting at best)

Wondering why you even read tweets of people like that.

edit:

(btw, I just realised this can be misunderstood: I am aware about you being a Cavill fan and Napoleon Solo is a really nice role of him. I love UNCLE)

Edited by terrestrial
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

The Last Jedi is one of the top 5 best blockbusters of all time.  Saying this for no particular reason.

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

The Last Jedi is the best Disney Star Wars Film released up until now.

And overall the third or second best SW Film.

Dont fight me. I dont care.

I don't think the Last Jedi will be canon in Episode 9.

JJ probably realized it was a bad ream and the new movie will start with Rey waking up from this nightmare and we will gladly continue the story where it left off in 2015.

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I don't think the Last Jedi will be canon in Episode 9.

JJ probably realized it was a bad ream and the new movie will start with Rey waking up from this nightmare and we will gladly continue the story where it left off in 2015.

I made that post to spread positivity, not for you to spew your inane bullshit.

29 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I made that post to spread positivity, not for you to spew your inane bullshit.

Cool, good idea, I love that.

That reminds me:

Still have not seen TLJ, I wait till the next one is out and either watch it as a double feature or on Blu-Ray beforehand. Probably.

Same counts for Marvel/DC based films, have not seen all of them.

Love/like/hmmm/dislike/no interest into watching for reasons a few of each of all three versions

11 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

SlashFilm also gave BvS a 6/10 - so no difference. 

Junketing & set visits can be a very slippery slope for an entertainment reporter who also does reviews but let's be honest here the complaints about biased reviewers and fan sites are coming predominantly from anti Disney people as if the studio does anything different than WB, Universal etc.  And allegations of bias are also regularly directed at top newspaper and magazine critics who aren't junketeers.  It's bullshit.

No, the second soda anecdote is from the Avengers junket.  Ike screamed at a journo that he was bankrupting him when he spotted him going for a 2nd soda.

I mean this is why the initial wave of tweets for a movie are always misleadingly positive cause they’re mostly from the reporters/junket interviewers who have to say nice things to the actors about their movie.. 

Lol Ike, can’t imagine how any reporter could resist the allure of half a subway sandwich! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Who cares about reviews? The opinion of anyone is worthless. The only thing that matters is the money

When did we become the Critical Theory Forum? 

The people that finance the sequel, the merchandise, the spin-off.

Reviews does not matter but how well loved and all the revenues that will ever be made or not made influenced by a movie matter if you talk about money, not just the first 2 months after release.

16 hours ago, Telemachos said:

This doesn’t have anything to do with the quality of TLJ... or of FANBOYS, for that matter. It’s a lunatic opinion, and an incredibly narcissistic one: “somehow MY opinion must be the only true one, and I will bend reality until it matches what I believe”. 

There are some exceptions to this Tele, like Avatar being great.

• Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Only care about money. You think they care what some no name reviewer in NYC says when they're making bank? Nope. 

If you have read the next sentence that started with: Reviews does not matter, it would have made for a better response.

• Like 1