Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

A bit of a straw men here, he never said or even remotely imply about being paid, he said keeping access. That said I imagine no serious critics still active would ever admit doing this, some fanboy youtube channel that get some form of access too, to sound cool maybe.

Edited by Barnack

I personally hated TLJ but why would critics who only gave it a token good review still be arguing about the film a year later? Like unless they just went full Daniel Day Lewis immersion.. the non-stop discourse among film twitter about this movie is just SO fucking obnoxious I find it hard to believe there isn't real intense passion on each side of this stupid movie. 

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Not the whole "Disney paying critics thing again"....

Critics being inclined to give positive reviews to maintain access is more plausible 

I mean this sounds very much like Steve Weintraub or anyone who interviews the cast for junkets who literally like every movie. Most of them aren't actual critics though and don't write the official review for their outlet. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

It should go without saying, but this is 100% unadulterated bullshit and anyone* either working in Hollywood or in any sort of critical capacity at an entertainment outlet would tell you this.

*except for this loony-toon. 

Fun fact: the dude praddling on about this BS directed Fanboys, which was produced by Kevin Spacey and distributed from the Weinstein Company. You would think the film wouldn't already be so tainted, and yet...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

They had pictures of my kids at school... my wife at work! I've been so afraid. Thank you, brave "film director" for busting this wide open!

that was his answering tweet to that BS

In case you are missing it.... he is sarcastic

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

This doesn’t have anything to do with the quality of TLJ... or of FANBOYS, for that matter. It’s a lunatic opinion, and an incredibly narcissistic one: “somehow MY opinion must be the only true one, and I will bend reality until it matches what I want to / need to believe”. ???

some seem to be maybe ....

Critics don't get paid studio bux for good reviews

However you'd be hard pressed to convince me that sometimes they don't give certain bad movies good/decent reviews based on preconceived notions.  I'm not saying its common.  In fact, theres only one in recent memory that I can think of.