Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, Harpospoke said:

So fans of a comic brand are claiming their favorite comes up with all the ideas and the other one just copies them?

....Followed of course by claims that the rival brand does things completely different (i.e. "wrong").

Not the idea of the movie, more the the idea/courage of actually green lighting it or influencing when it happen in the slate.

Just now, Barnack said:

Not the idea of the movie, more the the idea/courage of actually green lighting it or influencing when it happen in the slate.

Oh sure...I'm totally buying that it's just one studio coming up with all the ideas here.   ;)  

• Like 1

Oh, please. If we look for it, there was a movie for each Marvel and DC character being developed at some point. This doesn't mean the studio is committed to make them. DC wanted to make a cinematic universe long before the MCU started. We still give Marvel the credit for that, as they deserve.

First time WB announced a full slate for the DCEU it was clear it was a priority to give all Justice League members their own movies to shine, including a female and a black hero. This was never a priority at Marvel. Simple as that. Doesn't matter which executive they try to throw under the bus.

Marvel had years to give a female and a black character their own movies, but only did it after it was clear DC was going to finally bring Wonder Woman and Cyborg to the big screen. That's the truth, there's no excuse.

43 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Oh sure...I'm totally buying that it's just one studio coming up with all the ideas here.   ;)  

Not sure what you are saying, Suicide Squad was announced in 2009, no one was saying that the idea of a suicide squad movie come from Guardian of the Galaxy. And they are not totally original movies to start with, but adaptation so it is certainly not the combined studio's coming with all ideas.

But the writer/director Ayer was announced the month after Guardian release, at least 5 year's after that project started, could be 100% random, but that sound like it motivated WB to go ahead with it.

Edited by Barnack

1 hour ago, Harpospoke said:

So fans of a comic brand are claiming their favorite comes up with all the ideas and the other one just copies them?

....Followed of course by claims that the rival brand does things completely different (i.e. "wrong").

:huh: Both sides steal from the other all the time. I never said otherwise. 

48 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Oh, please. If we look for it, there was a movie for each Marvel and DC character being developed at some point. This doesn't mean the studio is committed to make them. DC wanted to make a cinematic universe long before the MCU started. We still give Marvel the credit for that, as they deserve.

First time WB announced a full slate for the DCEU it was clear it was a priority to give all Justice League members their own movies to shine, including a female and a black hero. This was never a priority at Marvel. Simple as that. Doesn't matter which executive they try to throw under the bus.

Marvel had years to give a female and a black character their own movies, but only did it after it was clear DC was going to finally bring Wonder Woman and Cyborg to the big screen. That's the truth, there's no excuse.

:ph34r: Black Panther was announced before Cyborg was. 

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Black Panther was in development since 2006, way before Cyborg. Fiege even said in 2012-13, before Cyborg casting, even with Perlmutter, Panther would appear in Phase 3.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

I think the Batman fan base has changed quite a bit since 89.   The "no killing" thing became a bigger deal over the years.   The Nolan rules are still fresh in minds.    89 Batman was a different kind of movie too.  A little more cartoony so killing was part of the over the top package.   Every movie exists in its own environment.  

Plus, comic book fans complain.   That's what they do.   I remember when Chris Evans' hair color was all wrong for Capt America.   And notice Thor fans are excited about the helmet in the Thor 3 trailer?   That's because they've been complaining about that since the first movie.   I myself complain that the Hulk is a mute with no personality.  (hopefully that changes in Thor 3)

True about liked movies getting more of a pass.   Citizen Kane has one of the all time plot holes but it's completely forgiven.   The obvious fake shark in Jaws bothers no one.   If people didn't like those movies you would hear more complaints about their flaws.

I don't care if Batman kills or not myself.   I do care when Superman is turned into an idiot and mopes around all the time.   I would think Batman fans would be more upset that he was so clueless in BvS.    The "v" was the whole problem with BvS if you ask me.   There is no logical way to have those two character fight.    Imagine trying to make a movie based on the Hulk v Daredevil.   That would be easier to do than BvS since the Hulk really is dumb.   Superman is a resourceful genius until Batman walks into the room.

I don't see how Batman facing a man whose archenemy is a bald businessman is so illogical to you, with enough Kryptonite literally anyone could take on Superman. Iron Man beating Hulk in AoU is much less realistic than Batman fighting Superman because Hulk has no weakness to bring him closer to Tony's level. In BvS Batman was only ever able to hold his own with the K, outside of that he was getting his ass kicked.

Yes comic book fans complain a lot but with the DCEU they nitpick everything, every negative report that comes out is used as proof the franchise is failing.

On 4/18/2017 at 2:55 AM, cax16 said:

I have no problem at all with marvel movies. As I've said many times in this thread I've seen all comic book movies opening weekend, own them all (since 89 batman)and enjoy them all. I'm just stating my opinion on what I think is better cause this thread is about franchises and I added in a comment after someone gave an opinion.

Also I don't care about critics. I watch movies and decide what I like for myself , I don't need someone else to pick apart movies for me. I can do that on my own if I don't like something.

And yes, to ME Civil war has no replay value at all and BvS does, that doesn't mean that you can't enjoy or rewatch civil war, that's just my opinion. I'm sure tons of people share your opinion. 

I do not like most DC fanboys because they can not accept the fact that the movies have flaws.

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

WB has been making DC movies since 1978 so I don't really see them as in a rush to do those things.    Suddenly they get in a big hurry after Marvel shows up?   Funny how that worked. ;) 

7 hours ago, Barnack said:

Not sure what you are saying, Suicide Squad was announced in 2009, no one was saying that the idea of a suicide squad movie come from Guardian of the Galaxy. And they are not totally original movies to start with, but adaptation so it is certainly not the combined studio's coming with all ideas.

But the writer/director Ayer was announced the month after Guardian release, at least 5 year's after that project started, could be 100% random, but that sound like it motivated WB to go ahead with it.

Honestly I would have never connected GotG and SS.   They seem pretty different.

1 hour ago, Clyde Donovan said:

I don't see how Batman facing a man whose archenemy is a bald businessman is so illogical to you, with enough Kryptonite literally anyone could take on Superman. Iron Man beating Hulk in AoU is much less realistic than Batman fighting Superman because Hulk has no weakness to bring him closer to Tony's level. In BvS Batman was only ever able to hold his own with the K, outside of that he was getting his ass kicked.

Yes comic book fans complain a lot but with the DCEU they nitpick everything, every negative report that comes out is used as proof the franchise is failing.

You don't see how it's illogical for a guy in a batsuit to try to fight a god?   At least Iron Man has actually super powers and the Hulk is a moron.

Supes has super speed which means he can't be beaten by someone like Batman.   There is no way.   Check out the Quicksilver scenes in Xmen movies for an idea how that would work.   Batman is a motionless statue trying to use kryptonite.   Supes would use any of a 100 different ways to disable Batman in under a second from close up or from far away.   They literally picked the most powerful and least powerful JLA members and had them fight.

But no...they made Superman so dumb that he fell for a kryptonite gas gun....    ....twice.   And Batman was so dumb he didn't realize the only reason he was still alive was because there was no reason to fight Superman in the first place.   But what else could they do with that absurd premise?   They had to make both characters into idiots for it to happen.   Either one could have avoided the whole conflict with just a simple conversation.

So far the DCEU is failing from a narrative standpoint.   They definitely need to turn it around.

15 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

WB has been making DC movies since 1978 so I don't really see them as in a rush to do those things.    Suddenly they get in a big hurry after Marvel shows up?   Funny how that worked. ;) 

Honestly I would have never connected GotG and SS.   They seem pretty different.

You don't see how it's illogical for a guy in a batsuit to try to fight a god?   At least Iron Man has actually super powers and the Hulk is a moron.

Supes has super speed which means he can't be beaten by someone like Batman.   There is no way.   Check out the Quicksilver scenes in Xmen movies for an idea how that would work.   Batman is a motionless statue trying to use kryptonite.   Supes would use any of a 100 different ways to disable Batman in under a second from close up or from far away.   They literally picked the most powerful and least powerful JLA members and had them fight.

But no...they made Superman so dumb that he fell for a kryptonite gas gun....    ....twice.   And Batman was so dumb he didn't realize the only reason he was still alive was because there was no reason to fight Superman in the first place.   But what else could they do with that absurd premise?   They had to make both characters into idiots for it to happen.   Either one could have avoided the whole conflict with just a simple conversation.

So far the DCEU is failing from a narrative standpoint.   They definitely need to turn it around.

Since when does Iron Man have superpowers? If you mean his suit, Batman was using a super suit too when facing Superman. Hulk being a moron actually makes him far more dangerous to Iron Man than Superman is to Batman. Atleast Superman knows to hold back against a human opponent, a giant rage monster won't do the same he should've turned Tony into a smear on the wall with his unrestrained hits. And again for over 75 years Superman's biggest enemy has been a normal human with no powers. If Batman vs Superman is illogical so is Superman vs his greatest villain ever.

Edited by Clyde Donovan
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Hades said:

Its pretty obvious that  Marvel phase 3 announcement event was a response to the original WB/DC slate, which was announce earlier that year. 

Was that even announced?  I thought it was leaked after a conference call with stock owners? Hence no firm release dates on most of those films.

9 hours ago, Clyde Donovan said:

Someone doesn't read Superman Comics.

The only time Superman experienced significant defeat (DIED) was against an opponent who didn't have Kryptonite.

7 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

:ph34r:

Spoiler

Green Arrow

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Are Daylight scenes confirmed for Justice League ?

That would be amazing to be honest.

:sadben::ohmyzod:

C'mon you know the DCeU is in perpetual darkness when doing action scenes.