Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

24 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You just don't get it.

Zack Snyder is a supreme geinus, and everything thing in his films is beyond criticism!

Get with the program, son.

Seriously, of all the was wrong with BvS, the way they portrayed Luthor was perhaps the worst.

Oddly enough I don't give the main blame to Eisenberg;he was just giving the writers and directors what they wanted. I blame the Writer and the Director a lot more then Eisenberg who was just the hired help.

This type of complain is why we get bland, boring, forgettable villains.

8 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Its just my subjective observation, but out of all fandoms, the DC one is the worst for me. The level of butthurt across all social media plattforms every time someone dares to critizice something about DC films or in general is astounding and really, really annoying. Its like trying to talk to some religious fundamentalists.

Its an increasingly unhinged fanbase with each passing turkey that rolls out of WB studios.  Some of it is just downright bizarre now and things like that hilariously worded petition for the "Snyder version" of JL is so over the top with no self awareness to the point where it actually reads like an intentional joke or parody.   I mean wtf?  Even Star Wars fans admit the prequels are shit movies and those were the most rabid fanboys on the planet or so I thought. 

4 hours ago, AJG said:

The DCU Extremists are the best

LOL, "DCU Extremists", I like it.  May start using that.

• Like 3

The funniest thing about Comic book, sci-fi, fantasy fans, aka the majority of movie goers now, is how defensive they get with reviews, RT & MC.

Reviews & critics, let's just take this year, that are telling you the greatest movies of the year are Lady Bird, Call Me By Your Name, Three Billboards,  & The Post etc not Guardians Vol 2, Ragnarok or I don't know, John Wick 2.

Movies that most people won't even see or don't a give a freaking fuck about their existence as their tepid box office numbers suggest, year after year.

Do you realize how stupid it sounds to take into account the opinion from people, who for the most part, will never take seriously  fantastic worlds, Sci-Fi, fantasy superheroes ?

They don't care about all of this, it s not serious to them, it s for kids, it s inconsequential artistically.

Despite all that happened & the massive change in the movie landscape of the last 20 years or so, they still think that in the end.

To these people, a movie can only truly be great if it stays grounded to a certain sense of reality or if they can jerk off to a certain subtext that is current so yeah it means they liked

Logan, BR 2049, Get Out, Wonder Woman, Dunkirk a LOT.

I have this theory that if cirtics tolerate MCU films so much by giving them, as a group, good RT score but ok/decent average, is in deed because of the humor.

See, Hulk, Iron Man, robots, aliens from out of space, it s not serious business folks, let s  crack a joke about it, "ah ah ah ah ah"

The joke & quips in MCU films validate the condescending opinion they have on those films.

Except they don't get the Marvel team take their charcaters and world super seriously and they believe enormously in what they create.

That s why critics were so harsh on BvS, a movie that takes its characters and its world way too seriously it s too much for them.

So this weird need to seek validation from people that you would probably agree on very little if you met them is so weird to me.

Let me finish with a Stan Lee anecdote.

In an interview I read, Stan Lee said this :

" Back in the 70's, when I was invited to parties in New York, I was ashamed of what I did for a living, I was with all these socialite people and I couldn't tell them I was writing and publishing comic book for a living, I used to lie about what I did for a living".

So my question to you is :

who do you think the current movie ciritic is when Stan Lee meet them at a New-York party today ?

The Guy who would  talk with Stan about the different armors Iron Man had across the years, the current conflict between Stark & Cap in the movies  & the trailer of IW or the guy that would explain to Lee how Phantom Thread, Call be By Your Name & Lady Bird are incredilbe pieces of art that should be preserved in museums.

Why most superhero fans still seek validation from the second guy is just beyond me.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cookie said:

Most of Metal Gear is Kojima throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks so I can believe that.

Then again we're talking about Sonic so that may be throwing stones in glass houses.

Kingdom Hearts is another series that throws shit at the wall to see what sticks

I just remembered

50 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Yeah, he's unforgettably bad. Also, he's not even Lex, both in BvS and JL, he's much closer to the Joker.

The Luthor in BvS is indeed unforgettable. You might want very hard to forget him,but you just can't......

It's true

51 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Its an increasingly unhinged fanbase with each passing turkey that rolls out of WB studios.  Some of it is just downright bizarre now and things like that hilariously worded petition for the "Snyder version" of JL is so over the top with no self awareness to the point where it actually reads like an intentional joke or parody.   I mean wtf?  Even Star Wars fans admit the prequels are shit movies and those were the most rabid fanboys on the planet or so I thought. 

LOL, "DCU Extremists", I like it.  May start using that.

IMHO a  lot of the "DCU Extermists" are more "Snyder Extremists". I suspect a lot them will lose interest in the DCU now that Snyder has lost control of the DCU.

Thread title "Marvel Vs DC Vs Star Wars vs Harry Potter"

So it's pretty much Disney vs WB, isnt it?

As of yesterday

Disney net worth: $158.3 billion

Time Warner net worth: $71.2 billion

Disney wins by a large margin.

• Like 2

The Thanos CGI is fine, I just don't like the character design. They should keep his helmet on, like in Avengers or GotG. A bold head doesn't look good on him.

Also I can't open any comic book related threads in most of Chinese forums without seeing some MCU fans bashing WW(and other DC films but I can get over with that) being a awful and boring film and the only reason it succeed is Gal is hot. 

I don't go out to say MCU fans are the worst because some dicks from that fandom is salty 7/24. So let's accept the fact that all fandoms have horrible person in it, and don't judge the whole fandom for some people's behaviour. That's the racist and sexist's thinking mode, be better than that.

Edited by jf8350143

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

@Robertman2 Floats Too

Unrelated, but I'm getting an arcade fighting stick for Christmas. Got some late Black Friday deal for an Hori Arcade Pro 4 Kai, since my brother is getting himself a decent laptop and we'll be able to play fighting games. 

Dope.

Too bad my copy of Injustice 2 stopped working the same fucking day Hellboy came out