Taylor

Sherlock Gnomes | March 23 2018 | Gnomeo and Juliet sequel. Johnny Depp will voice lead character. McAvoy and Blunt will return.

Given the comparisons between the Peter Rabbit and Gnomeo and Juliet,  it'll actually be pretty funny if this film is what ultimately stops Peter Rabbit from hitting 100m.

I don't think PR hitting it is likely at all.  Still be ironic if this is the death blow.

1 minute ago, Treetanic said:

the recent parody poster thing has gotten really old, really quickly. and we all have Spongebob to blame, this is the one that started it.

954db8440e2082da4f98447294419ed5.jpg

Same studio too.

• Like 1

http://variety.com/2018/film/reviews/sherlock-gnomes-review-1202733409/

Yet apart from Chiwetel Ejiofor, who lends Dr. Watson a layered melancholy, the actors give little life to the proceedings, since no one’s bothered to figure what this movie has to offer beyond terrifically tactile stone figures going through the motions of what might be called Generic Animated Action Rescue Plot, with chase scenes set to “The Bitch Is Back,” “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting,” and (during a ride on sewer rapids) “I’m Still Standing.”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

NOOOOOOOOO

Is the review still a fun listen?

It's double toasted. They're always a fun listen.

Why would Paramount waste their time constructing a terrible trailer when the terrible parts about it aren’t even in the film? You had the bits and pieces to make a decent trailer without hoodwinking people to expect a piece of shit sequel when, in actuality, it is just bland. At the end of the day, this movie just doesn’t need to exist. The opportunity window for this sequel to be made closed years ago and what is delivered as the final product is nothing but pure laziness.

As far as unnecessary animated sequels that don’t need to exist goes, Sherlock Gnomes is greater than Hoodwinked Too, but is not as decent as The Nut Job 2. None of the mentioned movies are relatively good, but at least Sherlock Gnomes didn’t make me want to embrace as much death as I thought I would. It’s just not worth recommending.

FULL REVIEW HERE: https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//sherlock-gnomes-review

• Like 1