grim22

Weekend Estimates: Bond 35.4M, Peanuts 24.2M, Coopers 8.4M, Martian 6.7M, 33 5.8M

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

It may be one of those cases where "word of mouth" doesn't matter much. My brother hates the strip and wasn't persuaded when I told him I really enjoyed the film.

Who the hell hates the Peanuts?? Anyways it's a disappointing 2nd weekend, TGD will destroy its late legs.

• Like 1

Peanuts benefited a lot from VD, compared to Bond. It jumped 76% on Tue and 155% on Wed. So I think it's normalizing a bit. But have to say was expecting bigger numbers from it considering so many folks love the comic strip.

4 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

It may be one of those cases where "word of mouth" doesn't matter much. My brother hates the strip and wasn't persuaded when I told him I really enjoyed the film.

Such an odd thing to hate the strip. Why?

Well, we grew up with the more energetic, quirky sense of humor of Calvin and Hobbes and Foxtrot. Peanuts is pretty bland by comparison and he doesn't really care for the strip's pessimistic outlook

The Martian is just impressive!

Bridge of Spies also had good legs! I hope it still keeps a lot of theaters by Thanksgiving weekend and maybe expand again if it gets major award nominations

Decent for Coopers, it's a Christmas movie afterall so it can have good legs, we'll see

The 33 could have done better, even if years have passed since the incident,it's a great human interest story but I guess the poor reviews affected it somehow

I saw By The Sea and it's a dull movie, good move to just have it limited

4 hours ago, a2knet said:

Peanuts benefited a lot from VD, compared to Bond. It jumped 76% on Tue and 155% on Wed. So I think it's normalizing a bit. But have to say was expecting bigger numbers from it considering so many folks love the comic strip.

There are people who *love* the strip? I mean, I like it well enough, but its usually pretty blah. Its like loving, I dunno, boiled beef. Its got a pretty tight range of potential outcomes and doesn't have much of a ceiling.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1