WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lmao, I just saw that Pan is coming out on Bluray on December 22 (and Digital HD on December 15)! This was super fast. 

But that only gives me 3 days to rush out and buy it for everyone for Christmas!

But seriously 2 months, that might be a record lol.  And happy bday man!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John Marston said:

who would have thought in the beginning of the year Chris Pratt and his Raptor squad was going to rip Katniss apart. 

Everyone who who was bored rigid by the last instalment of the Hunger Games, I suppose, if they had remained awake long enough to think about it.

18 minutes ago, John Marston said:

5 minutes ago, FTF said:

But that only gives me 3 days to rush out and buy it for everyone for Christmas!

21 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Perfect gif. The dude is Avengers and MJ2 aiming for the DOM crown while Jurassic World attacked without either of them noticing it was coming. 

Star Wars is winning in the end, of course. 

Star Wars is the T-Rex at the end with the raptors (Jurassic World).

https://media.giphy.com/media/2hLN86DpiMzlu/giphy.gif

• Like 5

If a movie does $46m on Friday it's definitely going to hit $100m for the weekend.

Problem is MJ2 didn't do $46m on Friday, it did it on "Friday", or in other words $16m on Thursday and $30m on Friday. Transformers 4 had a much bigger Thurs to Fri increase which should be taken into account when comparing them.

• Like 1

2015 year of the casual audiences. 

Fast cars and family and dinos more popular then superheros and YA adaptations. 

What this means for SW....

Great news as SW is as casual audience as you can get out of the fan bases 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

2015 year of the casual audiences. 

Fast cars and family and dinos more popular the superheros and YA adaptations. 

What this means for SW....

Great news is SW is as casual audience as you can get out of the fan bases 

The Avengers 2 was huge, no matter how you see it, particularly WW, it's in the top 10 all-time.

As for SW I expect a big bang but I'm scared a terrorist attack in the US or else could sap it, you never know these days :(

5 hours ago, Heretic said:

Disappointing. However, this franchise has always played strongly over thanksgiving. After CF was released, I'm pretty sure the assumption was that, even with a huge opening, it wouldn't top THG because that had unusually good legs for a 150m opener and CF would be more frontloaded. But it did. And many thought MJ1 would struggle for 300m, but it made almost 340m. 

Anyway, I expect MJ2 to play well over the next few weeks just like the last two and pass 300m. Meh compared to the rest, but still, that's four consecutive films above 300m. No other franchise has achieved that. 

Middle Earth franchise did it.

49 minutes ago, FTF said:

I'm pretty sure the record goes to the Ben Affleck bomb Surviving Christmas from 2004. It was released at the tail end of October and arrived on the home market right before Christmas.

• Like 1