WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

Given the extra hour of Thursday previews, everything else held constant, this should have a stronger Saturday jump than MJ1's +7.3%.  

Here are the previews as a percentage of Friday for the 4 Hunger Games films:

Spoiler

THG: 41.5%

CF: 54.4%

MJ1: 44.6%

MJ2: 53.3% (est.)

Here are the previews as a percentage of opening day for the 4 Hunger Games films:

Spoiler

THG: 29.3%

CF: 35.2%

MJ1: 30.8%

MJ2: 34.8% (est.)

Here are the Preview -> Friday increases for the 4 Hunger Games films:

Spoiler

THG: +140.7%

CF: +83.8%

MJ1: +124.4%

MJ2: +87.5% (est.)

Currently, CF's daily shifts make the most sense for MJ2:

16.0M Previews

30.0M Friday

34.5M Saturday (+15.0%)

22.4M Sunday (-35.0%)

86.9M 3-Day

102.9M OW

THG (2.92), CF (3.0), MJ1 (3.05), all hit a ~3.0 multiplier from the 3-day weekend.  The same for this would yield a 276.8M DOM total.

• Like 8

@Noctis Re: WWW

On 11/20/2015, 12:10:54, spizzer said:

Pretty meh.  Wonder if a 1.5-2 year gap between CF-MJ1-MJ2 each would have helped with retention.  3 films in 3 years is bit much, staggering releases like Potter might have been better.

Couple that with mediocre-ish response to both MJ films and I think its explainable.

14 minutes ago, CJohn said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

ISIS plans to attack tomorrow in America on the WWE Survivor Series event :unsure:

http://www.ibtimes.com/anonymous-says-isis-plans-attacks-against-paris-world-sunday-2194926

We should avoid to be paranoid, that's what they want, attacking the US is much more difficult for ISIS than it is to do it in Europe, if they could it would've happened before

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

What were Inside Out's previews? Take out both & IO wins OW? That's pretty shocking honestly.

yes, Inside Out is locked to beat MJ2 domestically and worldwide

also, must point out that MJ2 overseas numbers are pretty disappointing so far and there is a chance it could be the lowest grossing of the series

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

It's not 3D turning off A LOT of viewers, it's clearly MJ1 & SW7.

If audiences wanted to see MJ2, they wouldn't let a film 28 days away keep them from seeing it. Even if SW7 is going to be huge, that doesn't mean nothing can do well in November. 

Creed, Good Dinosaur and even Krampus should do well before SW7 opens. And I'm thinking everything holds spectacularly the weekend before SW7 causes 60%+ drops for the whole top 10 :lol:

• Like 1

amazing number all things considered! i'm extremely proud of what MJ2 and the THG franchise have managed to accomplish with the odds stacked against them, altogether undoubtedly one of the greatest box office runs of all time

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

There were barely any meltdowns from Bond and Hunger Game fans.

They just avoid the weekend thread altogether.

C'mon guys, meltdowns are therapeutic. 

Dr. Phil said so. :ph34r:

Based on Spectre and Mockingjay's numbers, I don't think they have any fans. :ph34r:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

There were barely any meltdowns from Bond and Hunger Game fans.

They just avoid the weekend thread altogether.

C'mon guys, meltdowns are therapeutic. 

Dr. Phil said so. :ph34r:

When was the last great meltdown? 

36 minutes ago, mahnamahna said:

If audiences wanted to see MJ2, they wouldn't let a film 28 days away keep them from seeing it. Even if SW7 is going to be huge, that doesn't mean nothing can do well in November. 

The problem is that people feel like SW7 has drained momentum and attention away from MJ2. Last year and the years before all I would ever see is Hunger Games coverage, it made the movies feel more like an event. Now most of the coverage MJ2 woulda got is just Star Wars. This new movie just seemed to 'happen'. I didn't feel like I was going to see the "eagerly anticipated epic finale", it felt like I was just going to watch another Hunger Games film.

I'm subscribed to hundreds of channels on YouTube and everyday there would be some Star Wars shit. I turn on my playstation and all I see is Star Wars. I go to work, I see Star Wars. I watch the news, i see Star Wars. I can't leave the house to go to the shops without seeing a bunch of Star Wars crap. If there's ever any sort of Hunger Games merch, there'd be a bigger Star Wars display right next to it.  

• Like 5