kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers | 13.8 M THG: MOCKINGJAY II | 9.8 M THE GOOD DINOSAUR | 6.0 M CREED

4 minutes ago, water said:

nice math! here's some of my own. take your bank account balance, subtract the amount that one (1) IMAX ticket for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 costs in your area, and then GO SEE IT.

tumblr_inline_np1bpqgafT1re8wlc_500.gif

Fair deal, Water. I'll tell you what, if I have time for a download/Netflix binge for the first three movies then I'll do that first and catch MJ2 in IMAX. It may require a sick day. You'll be the first to get my report.

• Like 1

Just now, Tau Ceti said:

Fair deal, Water. I'll tell you what, if I have time for a download/Netflix binge for the first three movies then I'll do that first and catch MJ2 in IMAX. It may require a sick day. You'll be the first to get my report.

Binge on Hulu. Not Netflix. Lionsgate pulled out of Netflix.

11 minutes ago, Tau Ceti said:

not me being better at marketing MJ2 than lionsgate already

9GopgFP.gif

• Like 1

It is the ebb and flow of the forum that posters rise and fall come and go and it is on this night that we look upon ourselves and prey for the return of the gods old and new.  We ask for their return and that they bless us with their presence and their numbers.  The last hope is on the horizon,  if the force does not awaken them I don't know what will. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I was on hiatus from here for a few months until recently. What happened? Did folks migrate to a new box office forum? Spatula and Rth no longer frequent here? I recall Gopher, could be mistaken with the user, also providing some early numbers too.

I was away for a while too. I think the new forum layout hasn't helped - still not a fan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Remember the good old days when you had to wait until Sunday to find out the box office numbers on Thanksgiving? So long ago those are lol.

I remember always looking forward to the Monday edition of USA Today to read the box office results

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Remember the good old days when you had to wait until Sunday to find out the box office numbers on Thanksgiving? So long ago those are lol.

I used Entertainment Weekly in the mid-90's.

All you got was the top ten for the weekend.

And I had to walk 20 miles, barefoot in the snow, to get an issue.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I had an Entertainment Weekly subscription for so many years until I didn't renew a few years ago. I would love to go back and read some of the issues from the late 90s again.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tau Ceti said:

:excited: 

Good choice

5 hours ago, grey ghost said:

uphill both ways?

• Like 1