Cmasterclay

2015 Awards and Precusors (PGA NOMS ON PG. 10)

31 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

rank the whiteness of the best picture nominees! bridge of spies, brooklyn, spotlight, room, the big short, mad max, the revenant, the martian.

How about we rate their testosterone levels as well. Brooklyn and Room would come last because duh, they're about females (shh don't tell JonathanLB).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

diversity wise I'm pretty sure The Big Short and Mad Max are the only best picture nominees where a black actress even has a speaking role btw.

Room has a female black cop who figures out where Ma is and rescues her and that's in a movie with a small cast where 90% of the roles are family members. It's less than 5 minutes long but sadly manages to be a far better and more significant role for a black woman than you can find in Compton.

Also the best film nominated and should win but won't.

Edited by TalismanRing

17 hours ago, Telemachos said:

FURY ROAD, BIG SHORT, and INSIDE OUT all won their respective categories for Best Editing at the ACE Awards tonight. (I'm pretty sure all three were the presumptive favorites).

Editing will be Big Short vs Fury Road then.

• Like 1

I would have preferred Miller to win because I loved Fury Road and saw it twice while I appreciated Revenant but have no desire to see it again. However,  good for Inarritu. It makes it the third consecutive year a Mexican is poised to take one of the biggest Oscars. Wish the media and internet thought that was a story worth writing about.