Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

I would say when Marty won the DGA The Departed slipped ahead into official frontrunner status. But yeah through January easily it was a very tight race.

SAG went to Little Miss Sunshine, and we know the actors branch can be decisive. See Crash winning over Brokeback. This year we really don't have a frontrunner, so SAG will tell us a lot. And right now I think Les Miserables is in the strongest possition to take the SAG ensemble prize. Also, Miserables will win for sure three golden globes in musical/comedy.

And on this day, Les Mis' chances of winning Best picture died. :lol:

I'm still thinking its the frontrunner in BP. Lack of Director nom in Globes is almost nothing to fear about. The actors branch will be crucial IMHO. In fact, Globes went with the starpower of Tarantino and it's probable that will not translate to Oscar love

Current BP predictions (if there's 10 spots)1. Les Miserables2. Zero Dark Thirty3. Lincoln4. Argo5. Silver Linings Playbook6. Life of Pi7. Beasts of the Southern Wild8. Django Unchained9. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel10. AmourPossible spoilers: The Master and The Impossible.

I think Lincoln is taking this. Lincoln/ZDT seems like a repeat of King's Speech/Social Network two years ago.However, Lincoln was still a damn great movie, so I'm not too dissapointed about that, and my favorite movie of the year (Cloud Atlas) has zero chance of a nomination, let alone win, so.... :mellow:

Not seeing any reason for the continued LM love. Unless I'm missing something, the reviews aren't particularly great; it should lose momentum over these next few weeks. Lincoln assumes the position of favorite, with Argo and ZDT playing the possible spoiler.

Edited by nAlkaline

When it comes to the main categories, I think ZDT is most likely to win Actress, then Screenplay, then BP, then BD. There is at least one other tough contender in the first two categories (Lawrence and QT), Les Mis, Lincoln, SLP, LOP are all more safe BP choices, and Bigelow's recent win will almost definitely prevent her from taking BD again.Right at this point, I think Lincoln wins BP, BD, Actor and Adapted, ZDT wins Actress and Django wins Original. The only bad thing about that scenario would be SLP missing out on all actual awards, but if Chastain and Tony Kushner's work is truly worth it, I won't lose any sleep over it.

Edited by Jake Gittes

Best Picture - LincolnBest Director - Kathryn BigelowBest Actor - Daniel Day-LewisBest Actress - Jessica ChastainBest Supporting Actor - Leonardo DiCaprioBest Supporting Actress - Anne HathawayBest Adapted Screenplay - Silver Linings PlaybookBest Original Screenplay - Django UnchainedWhat do you guys think?

ZDT is not that accurate apparently (Neither was Hurt Locker it seems). But still that wont stop anything.I think Lincoln will win pic/director/actor and possibly supporting.Argo will probably win adapted.

My prediction in all categoriesBest picture: LINCOLNBest actor: Daniel Day-Lewis for LINCOLNBest actress: Jessica Chastain for ZDTBest director: Steven Spielberg for LINCOLNBest supporting actor: Tommy Lee Jones for LINCOLNBest supporting actress: Anne Hathaway for LES MISERABLESBest adapted screenplay: LINCOLNBest original screenplay: ZDTBest cinematography: LIFE OF PIBest editing: ZDTBest original score: LIFE OF PIBest original song: SKYFALLBest sound mixing: LIFE OF PIBest sound editing: SKYFALLBest sfx: LIFE OF PIBest costumes: ANNA KARENINABest art direction: ANNA KARENINABest documentary: THE HOUSE I LIVE INBest animated film: FRANKENWEENIEBest foreign film: AMOURLINCOLN: 5 OscarsLIFE OF PI: 4 OscarsZDT: 3 OscarsSKYFALL AND ANNA KARENINA: 2 OscarsComments?

Edited by MerryXMas from Jack Nevada
  • Like 2