#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

8 minutes ago, Darth Water Bottle said:

I've considered making a special group for Rth and making his name purple so people know it's really him. Like a verified account.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think that's a brilliant idea...or you know...just ban Noctis for a year if he tries it this weekend.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, water said:

well i have an exam tonight and when i get back reports of just how crazy theaters are tonight, and early numbers(?), will be abound. my final prediction for the weekend is 70/75/145/83/75/303

iVFJ2zOYmVbCh.gif

I'd faint if this were to happen.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

8 minutes ago, Darth Water Bottle said:

I've considered making a special group for Rth and making his name purple so people know it's really him. Like a verified account.

I think that's a brilliant idea...or you know...just ban Noctis for a year if he tries it this weekend.

If I ban him for a whole year, he won't be here for the OW of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them? Do we really want to miss him predicting that movie beating whatever OW record Star Wars sets?

• Like 2

It's harder to impersonate someone now. Basically, you'd both need to be in the same paid tier to pull it off. Rth has a free account... so even if someone purchased a higher tier account and changed their name to Rth_ (or something), the different color in the name would tip us off.

• Like 3

It will go over 9.2 how much yet to be determined, midnights screw tracking , its already +30% over previous OD Record held by DH2 and +67% higher than previous  record Thursday and +56% higher than previous December OD record (of cause Boxing day nat holiday)

In Australia.  Opening day record has been crushed by more then AUD2m.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 5

• Community Manager

It's harder to impersonate someone now. Basically, you'd both need to be in the same paid tier to pull it off. Rth has a free account... so even if someone purchased a higher tier account and changed their name to Rth_ (or something), the different color in the name would tip us off.

I wouldn't mind getting the $10 or $15 or the special annual price for either during this holiday sale just to see someone try that. We'd still punish them but we'd keep their donation!

• Like 1

• Community Manager

I'm still conservative, I learned to not have my hopes up.

I would be fine as long as it gets the OW record, even by a smidge [emoji4]

I'm sticking to my $210 million OW prediction. That's beating the OW record by a smidge. :)

• Like 2

Just now, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

:thinking:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darth Water Bottle said:

I'm sticking to my $210 million OW prediction. That's beating the OW record by a smidge. :)

Good :D If the movie destroys this we'll be in shock and rightfully so :)

Finished my last test of the year. Now it's officially Star Wars time. Teacher throwing a pizza party with one of my classes after school, then it's straight to work for Star Wars. Then I wake up in the morning see Star Wars with physics class at 8:40AM then I go to school for second half of day where one class we're playing scattergories and the other I think we may just watch a movie. Then it's winter break, and MORE STAR WARS!

• Like 1

Oh, and my boss sent me part of deadline's article about TFA's OS BO yesterday and highlighted below.

Hands down, it’s a movie that will trigger multiple viewings and rake in a ton of concession sales for theater owners.

His caption was "yes please"

1 minute ago, spizzer said:

AMC Empire has sold out 29 of 54 shows tonight, and 17 of 71 shows tomorrow (2AM IMAX tomorrow/Sat morning is ~80% full).

54 Shows is a new record I believe. I've never actually seen them put up 10 shows between 2AM - 5AM.

• Like 1